Our Favorite Tweaks

btw if you set it up right ...CMD iin quick edit mode all you have to do is right click and it will paste not right click and select 'paste' :D

open a cmd prompt ... in the upper left hand corner click on c:\ and drop down menu appears > left click on properties > under the Options tab put a check in the QuickEdit Mode box... click Ok and when it prompts you put a dot where it says 'Save properties for future windows with the same title' and then click Ok. Now whenever you opena cmd you are in Quick Edit Mode... fun joy and happiness :D

you know how you set your favorites up in a particular order, andsometimes you move them wothout knowing how it happened?

you can prevent this and still have whatever ordder you want

first, type favorites in the run box, and hit enter

then, hit view, arrange icons by, name

then, rename all your favorites with a number in front of them with the correct order

if you ever want to put something inbetween something else, just add a character after the number for the new entry

perris said:
you know how you set your favorites up in a particular order, andsometimes you move them wothout knowing how it happened?

you can prevent this and still have whatever ordder you want

first, type favorites in the run box, and hit enter

then, hit view, arrange icons by, name

then, rename all your favorites with a number in front of them with the correct order

if you ever want to put something inbetween something else, just add a character after the number for the new entry

Dude I have over 1000 favorites in my folder .. This would take days, or even weeks to months to do lol

you need to set up some folders john

anyway, you can even set individual voew preferances on evey folder

for instance. your favorites folder view could be set to modified, but folders in the favorite folder could be set to "name

Assign your own hostname to an ip.

I don't think this has been posted before. If it has just ignore this tweak.

This tweak allows you to assign your own names to anything with an IP. This is particularly useful if you are stuck with bad naming conventions on your network.
1. Navigate to: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
2. Open the file "hosts" with notepad.
3. Append a line that starts with the
IP Address Friendly Name Comments(precede with #)​

This is an example(one line):
192.168.2.1 warrentyRouter #this will send me to the router of the warrenty dept.

for those of you that like to delete your temporary internet files with some type or regularity, this is a very mice little tweak

plan your monthly defrag to happen immediately after you delete your temp files

or plan deleting your temp files just before your defrag

since your tem files are what's probably the most fragmented files on your drive, this will really speed your defrag

perris said:
now, I think everybody will like this cute little interface treatment;

pretty darned convenient;

right click the start menu>properties>customize>advanced

scroll down to control panel and click;

display as a menu

now, you don't have to open the control panel to get what you want, the complete ncnsole will pagedown when you click on the link on your start panel

Perris, pardon me for being dense, I followed your instructions, but what does it do?

here's the method for keeping the status bar in internet explorer

ie is an extentsion of windows explorer

hit windows key+e

go to view, put a check beside status bar, then save the view to all folders

those of you that don't have multiple operating systems on your hardrive should shorten the option to display the list of startup operating systems

pretty simple to do to

hit windows key + pause break>advanced>start up and recovery>settings...there it is, go ahead and uncheck the option

when you're on a page that you want to become a favorite, instead of going through all the clicks, just grab the favicon that's in the address bar and drag that favicon into the folder in your favirtes tree that you want the url

the same thing works for your hopme page

you can just grab any favicon and drg it into the little housey that's on your toolbar...this is the fastest method for changing your home page

looks good chaos

so you schedule your spybot to auto update too...and then you scan, autofix, and then you defrag?

sometimes update hangs in spybot... I'm surprised this works on a schedule without any issues

nice

for those with only one or two drives, just edit out the drives to defrag that you don't have

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back