Our Favorite Tweaks

I've found that SpyBot only hangs if you chose the default location to download from. If you chose something else, it's fine.

Also, just out of curiostiy, is it just me, or has there not been a spybot update in a while?

ya, no update in a while...also, ya, I've been using the aussie location for updates, and that's fine

Actually my complete version looks like this:**see updated thread**
I just dumbed it down a bit for simplicities sake; I'm looking for switches to automate the other programs. I've been planning on adding a few other .old, .temp file clearings in there as well. Its not very automatic yet, but eventually its going used all over my network.

highjack this is just a report, just running it doesn'r do anythin, it has to be tended to manually

;) beats having to actually click on each program to run it though. :D

is there a way to put an icon on the desktop for 'hibernate' the same way (peris?) explained how to do a shutdown & restart icon?

ruiner_066 said:
is there a way to put an icon on the desktop for 'hibernate' the same way (peris?) explained how to do a shutdown & restart icon?

The shutdown utility included in XP does not support standby or hibernation. This little command line utility does:
Shutdown.exe

**UPDATED**
Automated Disk Optimizer - a collection of my favourite cleaning tweaks!

I've created a seperate thread to post the entire source.
Visit it here!

Here is the lazy mans way to 'Pin' folders to the Start Menu and actually add a lot of functionality to that mostly wasted space!!

First pin a shortcut to a file in the start menu, to do this right click any shortcut to a file and select 'Pin to Start Menu'. This adds that shortcut to the wasted empty space where the recent docs usually appear. Next, just right click the 'pinned' item and modify its path to the folder of your choice! The icon for that folder will automatically be set, but don't forget to rename your new pinned item.

/EDIT
The 'Pinned' item will actually create a shortcut in the Start Menu itself, just hide it to get rid of it, if you delete it it will delete the actual pinned item as well...

DIE WMP9 contexts

I grew tired of staring at WMP9's context menus so I threw together this collection of registry entries to eliminate some of the garbage.

* remove add/list Playlist context menus on all files
* remove CD Burning context menus on all files
* you can still load files with WMP9 via "Open With" if they are not registered

There is a new file included below that unregisters WMP's dll's.
**outdated link removed, this file is now part of 'My Scripts & Regs'**
Download Part 1
Download Part 2

Last edited:
Anyone know how to change the windows logo on the monitor under system properties?

look for a image "oemlogo.bmp" Replace it with what you want. Think it's supposed to be 125x125, but not sure.

perris said:
thanx b-man

and thanx leedog

there is auto hide in ie while in f11and I do love that...I didn't know I can autohide the toolbar even when not in f11 if I use myie...thanx for the info leedog.

for those of you that want to take a look at how small a toolbar is supposed to be, even when not in f11, take a look at the screeny

One thing I do in my single line IE bar is I drag the next bar over stuff I don't use much. To start I leave just < and > exposed and Stop/Refresh/History (that is all I use) are covered by the drop down text menus bar. Tools and Help in the text menus bar are covered by the Address bar since I hardly use those two menus. Next is a Google toolbar down to its minimum and last is Links which is compressed just to "Links »". The other things I said that are covered are accessed via a quick » click where they normally would be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back