OT: Best way to clean a projection TV screen?

Pretty nice t.v.

I work at a place where I'm surrounded by screens all day long. We always use luke warm water with a t-shirt or lint-free rag (not a paper towel), then usually follow that up with "Endust For Electronics"

Monster Cable also has a wonderful, yet pricey, kit for this purpose.

http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1562

Second on screen Kleen

Testimonial Time!

I have a Toshiba TN50X81, 50" projection TV. We had a family gathering last year. My brother-in-law brought his 4 year old autistic grandson over. After everyone had left, I turned on the TV only to see to my horror greasy 4 year old sized handprints all over the TV with chunks of potato chips embedd in the greasy stuff.

"ACK", I said.

I use Screen Kleen for my Pocket PC and thought I'd give it a try. I vacuumed as much of the 'stuff' off the screen as I could then gently went to work on the screen.

Man! The screen had never looked as good! Screen Kleen takes a bit of effort because it also lays down a protective layer so you need to keep at it to get it all smooth. I've noticed that since using SK, that the dust build up is greatly reduced.

I also used it to clean off a lipstick kiss mark! That's another story (balsted teenage girls!)

Re: Second on screen Kleen

Originally posted by ironguy
Testimonial Time!

I have a Toshiba TN50X81, 50" projection TV. We had a family gathering last year. My brother-in-law brought his 4 year old autistic grandson over. After everyone had left, I turned on the TV only to see to my horror greasy 4 year old sized handprints all over the TV with chunks of potato chips embedd in the greasy stuff.

"ACK", I said.

I use Screen Kleen for my Pocket PC and thought I'd give it a try. I vacuumed as much of the 'stuff' off the screen as I could then gently went to work on the screen.

Man! The screen had never looked as good! Screen Kleen takes a bit of effort because it also lays down a protective layer so you need to keep at it to get it all smooth. I've noticed that since using SK, that the dust build up is greatly reduced.

I also used it to clean off a lipstick kiss mark! That's another story (balsted teenage girls!)

haha thats pretty good brad pit or some one like that must have been on :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back