OSNN Newsletter

Cripes - the email and all these usernames bring back all sorts of feels. Very sad news about Sazar, just skimmed through some old old threads, he was always an active player and such a sound bloke. Hope all are well otherwise! My Google phones are still linked to a .osnn@gmail.com account hah so never did quite escape it. Great to see you guys posting on here.

And let me take an opportunity to say thanks for everyone who taught me anything about building PCs back when I was a clueless a-hole, I'm still one - but at least i still remember the basics. This was the only place to come for long and hilarious debates about which GPU goes with what mobo (and much much more obviously)

I see you have been stuck on a Core 2 Duo in your sig without us!

Ooof, that's slightly out of date hah. Updated for old time's sake. Now back to re-reading the really really long thread from 2004-08

Yes that makes my i7 5xxx look even older, I just want a CPU I know has that proper Spectre fix in :D

Well shame what Sazar did to his friends and family, let alone those of us that only knew him from here.

I'm still around and try to visit once a day or so but ran into some computer issues to the point that I'm not sure what my next step is. I suspect part of the issue is old hardware, the bios is dated 2009 for the motherboard. EP your i7 maybe old but its no where near as old as mine i7-920 and that is where I think my issue is, new sound card is too new compared to the rest of the system, mind right now that system is dead some odd issue. Started seemingly with new sound card but think its not the cause

Once I finish updating both desktops then I'll replace the pre-Dell Alienware laptop I'm using

I haven't used any kind of soundcard for ages.
Either had a Logitech G930 or G933, but moved away from them with the Steelseries Artis Pro which is fantastic -- but uses it own USB connection.

For the most part I use sound cards, even though most if not all the motherboards I've used in past have had onboard sound, never seems to quite as good to me, not that I'm a audiophile just seems the add in sound cards make the sounds seem crisper to me.

Well to solve the issue again reload windows but 99% its not the sound card now. issue resurfaced after I installed winzip seemingly but think I chasing more then one issue. Would be great if windows would actually log something besides the last reboot was not planned. Of course it wasn't planned I do my best to avoid forced reboots

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

which I think is the crash that resulted in this entry

The previous system shutdown at 4:13:30 PM on ‎8/‎8/‎2020 was unexpected. of course the time will change but whats odd is that record in the event viewer was published at 8/8/2020 4:53:36 PM

Hey guys (and gals)! EP, congrats on bringing a beautiful human into this world!

Site updated to Xenforo 2.2 - profile header images and other such exciting things.
You can also install OSNN as a progressive web app, because reasons.

Also Giphy

excited the hills GIF

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back