• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

OSNN.net in Firefox

BadMojo

OSNN One Post Wonder
Does this site look like ass to anyone else using Firefox?
Section breaks are tiled and grahics are broken all over the page.

The page looks fine in IE, but I hate to use it for anything other than windows updates.

If anybody has suggestions, I'm all ears.
Thanks!
Mojo

We have a large number of members (including myself) who use Firefox on these forums. Everything looks pretty much exactly like it does in IE.

It sounds like an isolated problem. What extensions have you installed? Have you tried clearing your cache and refreshing the page with Ctrl+F5?

BadMojo

OSNN One Post Wonder
Thanks for your reply. Since it looks great for you, it must be something in my config. Here's a snapshot attached:

Here's my setup:
WinXP sp2
1280 x 1024 resolution
Radeon 9800 Pro

Attachments

BadMojo, as I asked in the previous post: What extensions have you installed? Have you tried clearing your cache and refreshing the page with Ctrl+F5?

BadMojo

OSNN One Post Wonder
Yeah, tried clearing my cache the first time that this happened with no luck.

Extensions:
DOm Inspector 1.0
downTHEMall! .94
fireFTP .87
Download Statusbar .90
FLST .81
ieview .84
Disable Targets for Download .8
flashblock 1.2.9
SyncMarks .3

Thanks for trying to help!
Mojo

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
You are getting images, where I definatly didn't code them.
I designed this site and along the way I constantly checked it with both IE and Firefox.
I am sure I would have had alot more complaints if there was an issue.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Again, I am sure many users upgraded to it straight away.
But would mean that their code was either broken before or after and I doubt it was the first :) I blame the user... :D

X-Istence

Political User
Do me a favor, i saw this on the school computers as well. Go into your profile, save your bookmarks file, and then delete it, re-create the profile, and the problem should disappear (Note: you will lose your saved passwords stuff).

X-Istence

You didn't scroll the page while it was loading/rendering did you? I've gotten interesting results doing that myself but a refresh fixes it. :)

BadMojo

OSNN One Post Wonder
Deleting my profile as X-Istence suggested fixed the problem.

1) Linked to site via bookmark - farked
2) Typed in URL for site - farked
3) Dumped cache - farked
4) Exported bookmarks
5) Deleted bookmarks and profile
6) New profile, import bookmarks from XML - fixed

Thanks for the help guys.. Now if somebody could explain WHY this would fix display issues, I'd be interested to see how the two are related. I can only assume that my profile had the ScrewedUp flag set to on or it had become corrupted.

onimkron

OSNN Senior Addict
Just wondering, was this a clean installation of the new Firefox, or did you just install it over an older Firefox version? I heard somewhere that it's best to start with an empty firefox folder before installating the new version over an older one.

X-Istence

Political User
BadMojo said:
Deleting my profile as X-Istence suggested fixed the problem.

1) Linked to site via bookmark - farked
2) Typed in URL for site - farked
3) Dumped cache - farked
4) Exported bookmarks
5) Deleted bookmarks and profile
6) New profile, import bookmarks from XML - fixed

Thanks for the help guys.. Now if somebody could explain WHY this would fix display issues, I'd be interested to see how the two are related. I can only assume that my profile had the ScrewedUp flag set to on or it had become corrupted.
It is something to do with one of the files in the folder. It was causing HORRIBLE performance for me, and apges that were not loading properly, removed the profile, created a new one, and all is sailing smoothly again. Dun know why, all i know is that it works :p

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Looks fine to me also. I do notice on some sites that the size is off as compaired to IE. Must be the cdd or something ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies