Osnn.net home page

technokid88

Part of a System
On my laptop, what I usally use when I'm surfing and writing posts on osnn.net, I dont have any ads at all really, the site looks very clean. But when i log into osnn.net, at my college computer lab, it has ads alot of ads on the homepage, this also happens if i go to my friends pc. Just wondering if this is how you guys have it set up. I have attached a screen shot off my laptop. I like it like this, look nice and smooth. When i get a chance to a screen shot of the school pc, ill post it. Thanks alot

Attachments

• ossn1.JPG
    ossn1.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 127
  • ossn2.JPG
    ossn2.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Yes, there are ads on the frontpage. It costs quite a bit to host a site with the amount of traffic we get, you know? ;)
I'm guessing you don't see them on your laptop because you have some sort of ad-blocker installed (Norton Internet Security, I'm guessing, based on that screenshot). Your machines at school and your friend's box probably don't.

ok thanks alot.... I didnt know that it actully blocks ads that are in the site itself. I know it stops most of pop ups.

I've never actually used NIS myself, but I'm sure it's a configurable option.

NetRyder, it prob is the NIS, i hooked up another pc with no NIS on my same network, and got the ads, ill just install the nis on it and ill be good to go, that pc ill just run F @ H only on it.

Speaking of these ads, the last couple of days, the OSNN.net page hasn't loaded for me or takes much longer than usual. I then see in my status bar that it's stalling on these ad servers.

Melon

Hmmm dont know why its stalling, im using explorer, On my laptop i have zero adds. But i did noticed something new after taking that screen shot, now the metalic looking sides are gone.

Last edited:
The adverts on the frontpage load in iframes so that they can't slow down the frontpage... where they can//

I don't know what to tell you. In Firefox, the page stalls halfway, where I don't see any content (just a few ads). In IE6, the page is blank for about a minute before the entire page shows up.

I know a lot of these ads are regionalized, so I'm just saying that in my region, something is amiss.

Melon

will adjust alexa rankings as that isn't iframe atm.

Things seem to be working well right now. I'll keep you posted if things change. ;)

Melon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back