OSNN.net Anime Thread

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi there I have really been getting back into anime recently: but I find my biggest problem is not know what to watch what does people recommed?
Series that I have watched and am a big fan of include:-

A Vision of Escaflowne
Cowboy Bebop
Ranma 1/2
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

*Please Talk about anything Anime/ Manga related here also ^_^*

Not in any particular order:

Love Hina
Love Hina Again
Invader Zim (Not strictly anime, funny though :D)
.hack//SIGN
.hack//DUSK
.hack//LIMINALITY
Project A-Ko
Happy Lesson Advance
Ikkitousen
Onegai Twins

wow not heard of any of those speedy will have to look into them,
I have tried slayers, Gundam, Those that hunt elves as well but they did not really hook me a series I am currently trying to watch is Vandread which seem ok.
I am not so much of a fan of the really cheesy stuff hence I am totally hooked on Cowboy bebop at the moment, as i have only just discovered it :)

you like subbed or dubbed over?

a really good old rare anime is ogre hunter, prolly one of the best one i have watched ever

*ready for flack* i prefer dubbed really personally I have found the voice acting very good in the dubbed editions, though the ability to pick between the formats (dubbed or subbed) on dvds is quite funky :)

subbed!!!! Dubs usually completely bastardise the experience. I literally cringed at the Love Hina dubs, the accents are horrid :D

Having had the subs running sometimes while wathcing some of them than I realise what your saying SPeedY as there is some variation, but I still think in series like GITS: Stand Alone Complex watching with it subbed makes it alot harder to follow, as there are complex dialogues and plots, combined with alot of action.

*off topic* Damn Speedy that badger is just the best thing ever! :D

You know it! :p

I suppose it does depend, just in my experience I've always watched them in Japanese/Subbed (as they were intended so to speak) first before even listening to the dub track, so it seems strange and sometimes ... f-ing horrid :D

btw, if you don't like cheesy stuff, I think from my list you're best off starting with .hack//SIGN, the plot is awesome and there's definitely no cheese (unlike Love Hina which is uber cheese :D)

Play.com have Vol1 and 2 for £14.99 each including delivery. Vol1, Vol2 and there's more info at http://www.dothack.com/ :)

Cool will have to look it them I dont mind a bit of cheese Ranma 1/2 is crawling with it, but some of them dunno I they are just lost on me. Glad they are availble on play its the only one I have really found to sell region 1, though I am gutted as they appear to be out of Escoflowne the movie ultimate editions :'( and I can't remember if amazon.com will ship dvds to the UK.

Beavis & Butthead
The Simpsons
Futurama
Family Guy

Or am I off track ? ;p

ooooo...King of the hill!!!! MMM hmmm Yep Uh huh...
In my opinion anime seems kid childish and its from japan mostly so they hide messages in the show and brain wash u or so i heard

Anime varies from children to Adults depending upon the show, and yes its all from Japan.

indyjones said:
Having had the subs running sometimes while wathcing some of them than I realise what your saying SPeedY as there is some variation, but I still think in series like GITS: Stand Alone Complex watching with it subbed makes it alot harder to follow, as there are complex dialogues and plots, combined with alot of action.

the manga dubbed version of Ghost in the Shell is ok - the voice acting is pretty bland, but that blandness works for the film, aiding in the idea of the cybernetic indifference, etc etc. BUT, in my most humble opinion, I would stick with subtitles anyday, the original voice acting tends to be pretty sexy (and if the blandness was supposed to be there, it will be in the original anyway)

well...

the DB series (all... DB/DBZ and DB-GT)

Ghost in a Shell is ok...
Love Hina
Inuyasha
.hack//sign

been watching some witch hunter - Robin on Adult Swim here but its still not grown on me...

To name just a few... :D

FLCL (aka FuriKuri)
Golden Boy
RahXephon
Chobits
Angel Cop
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Golgo 13 The Professional
Dragon Ball /Z /GT (*OVA are the best)
Fist of the North Star
Spriggan
Jin-Roh
Neon Genesis Evangelion (aka EVA)

Got some pretty incredible anime in there, enjoy!

*OVA stands for "Original Video Animation." This term is used for anime that is a direct to video release. It usually skips being aired on Television, and is often of higher animation and content quality.

hey I appreciate the links chaos945, damn there are few to go through I think I will look at the ones more than one person has recommended first :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back