OSNN Firefox Search Plugin

Great Job, Nets. That is so Awesome!!!!

Heeter

Very neat, can't believe I missed this. Nice to browse for old news articles.

I also missed this last year. Thanks NetRyder. It works great.

Also thanks to Prodj88 for bumping it.

Cold search tool for OSNN

Rep+++++ for NetRyder

Arg!!! F00king Rep system! Got spread da luv before I give ya any more. :( :p

yeah i missed it too...just downloaded it like a month ago :).

Thanks, I'd lost it after my PC shat itself.
Back again...

nice net, btw did u submit it to the mozilla site?

NetRyder said:
Every Firefox user has probably seen the search box to the right of the location box. The default installation of Firefox includes some useful pre-installed search engines including Google, Yahoo, Amazon, eBay etc. The search box is probably the quickest way to search for something. Hit Ctrl+K, type in your search query, hit enter and you get your results.

But we were missing one little detail - there was no search plugin for OSNN. So I thought I'd create one (since Ctrl+K is incredibly handy) and share it with the rest of you.

osnnfox_preview.png

Hope you find it useful.
smile.gif

Install: Firefox OSNN Search Plugin

NOTE: The plugin should work with Mozilla and Netscape as well
nice job man i like it

Glaanieboy said:
And a small addition:
Bookmarks -> Rightclick 'Quick Searches' -> Manage Folder
Add a new bookmark:
Code:
Name => 'OSNN Quick Search'
Location => 'http://www.osnn.net/forum/search.php?do=process&sourceid=Mozilla-search&query=%s'
Keyword => 'osnn'
Hit OK.
Now, when you type 'osnn <searchterm>' in the address bar, the <searchterm> is being searched for, like the special toolbar does :D Personally I prefer this method, instead of using the search toolbar. :)
nice yea i prefer this method on google too

This thread is gonna be two years old in a couple of months, LOL

Heeter

well I just tried it here and all I got was a page with a pic and an OSNN linkie - no download. Will try again later when I am at home with my regular setup also (using Ffox on a mac here!)

It works for me.
Got a pic and a link, but when u click the link it asks if you want the bar, so i think its working fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back