OSNN Bassmaster gets largets bass to date!!

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political Access
WOW...

That is all I can say about the fishing we had today... well maybe not all but it really doesnt need much once you see the pictures... Rick, James and myself went fishing on Ricks lakes yet again... it was actually a little chilly this morning when we started, I wasnt expecting that... and a little windy...

The Sunrise:
LostRiver3-27002CROP.jpg

Rick was the hot hand today catching the most fish, but I was blessed to have the hot hand for big fish... I lost count Rick can chime in and tell everyone what we finished at... last I remembered it was 116...

Here is Rick with two of his fish:
The smallest, barely bigger than the lure:
LostRiver3-27010crop.jpg

One of many of his quality fish:
LostRiver3-27007crop.jpg

I caught two fish right at three pounds many small fish (1-2 lbs) and two nice fish this one was 4 pounds 10 ounces:

LostRiver3-27005crop.jpg

Another angle:
LostRiver3-27006crop.jpg

As well as my new personal best:

LostRiver3-27003crop.jpg

LostRiver3-27004crop.jpg

She was almost 27 inches long and 17.5 girth and weighed in at 8 pounds 10 ounces...

I videoed her release as well (My first video Mix, not good but hey got to start somewhere):

Rick, thank you once again my friend for allowing me the pleasure of fishing on those wonderful lakes...

EDIT: Since then I have also been put into the Tampa Tribunes Online Magazine:
http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C124

Ricks photos as well:
James with two nice fish:
JamesBass.jpg

Jamesbass02.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the read as much as I enojyed sharing it...

Mike A!

Last edited:
James's Bluegill:
JamesBlueGill.jpg

Another pic of my 8 pound 10 ounce monster:
MikeAkridge810bassSmall.jpg

Congrats Mike! That's a nice looking bass! your sunrise photo and video skills need some work though :) :p

this is a great thread bassmaster, LOVE those pics and that is SUCH a fine catch it's a shame he's not there anymore for anyone else

The smallest, barely bigger than the lure:

great frigging line, is that a standard or did you make that up?...I surely hope that feller survived the hook and lives to see another day, did he swim off?

also, did rick james have that michael jackson operation?

he sort of doesn't look like his musician pictures, times have changed

Nice fish mlakrid, you need to get some proper bass though, from the sea in the UK ;) Thoug h I would not say no to having a go on your lakes.......

this is a great thread bassmaster, LOVE those pics and that is SUCH a fine catch it's a shame he's not there anymore for anyone else

It was a she, she was still in the middle of the spawn, and she did swim away... did you not see my underwater release? :laugh:

I know, I got to work on the camera skillz, but still... they all swam away for another day!!!

Mike A!

That was a nice shot of the underwater release. Hey for a first time, that was really good.

it was a she, she was still in the middle of the spawn, and she did swim away... Did you not see my underwater release? :laugh:

I know, i got to work on the camera skillz, but still... They all swam away for another day!!!

Mike a!
yayyyyy!!!!

Nice to see a good catch and release policy :) Nice quality pics too not a easy subject to capture!

Nice to see a good catch and release policy :) Nice quality pics too not a easy subject to capture!

Except the sunrise photo... as was mentioned earlier... there was barely enough light, and I didnt have a tripod....

OH WELL...

I am lucky to be able to fish such an amazing fishery... if I had the $$$ I would invest in a lot so that I could fish there whenever I wanted...

Mike A!

I envy you. Its still cold here in Michigan. Cant wait for Bass season to open up here.

Next time Im in the FLA. you're taking me Mike :).... lol

oh... are you using topwaters? or Spinnerbaits?

added.. haha just noticed the spinnerbait!!! :)

I envy you. Its still cold here in Michigan. Cant wait for Bass season to open up here.

Next time Im in the FLA. you're taking me Mike :).... lol

Im game for that...

oh... are you using topwaters? or Spinnerbaits?

added.. haha just noticed the spinnerbait!!! :)

Both, but I didnt catch any topwater, although Rick was smacking them pretty good with a popper first thing in the morning... and I only caught one fish on the spinner... almost all my other fish were caught on a texas rigged worm 1/4 oz weight (pegged), the two big girls were caught on a ZOOM Ol Monster 10.5 inch worm in Junebug.

As I stated earlier... all the fish in these pictures were released to complete their spawning cycles...

The fish fry will come later in the year... :laugh:

Mike A!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back