Oscar Nods - Predictions

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
Academy Award Nominations were announced today. "Return of the King" leads the race with 11 nominations total, but that isn't much of a surprise. What is a surprise to me though is that "Master and Commander" ended up with 10. I wasn't convinced that it was that good. Anyhow, here is a list of the major awards.

Best Picture
  • "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"
  • "Lost in Translation"
  • "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World"
  • "Mystic River"
  • "Seabiscuit"

Best Actor
  • Johnny Depp - "Pirates of the Carribean"
  • Ben Kingsley - "House of Sand and Fog"
  • Jude Law - "Cold Mountain"
  • Bill Murray - "Lost in Translation"
  • Sean Penn - "Mystic River"

Best Actress
  • Keisha Castle-Hughes - "Whale Rider"
  • Diane Keaton - "Something's Gotta Give"
  • Samantha Morton - "In America"
  • Charlize Theron - "Monster"
  • Naomi Watts - "21 Grams"

Best Supporting Actor
  • Alec Baldwin - "The Cooler"
  • Benicio Del Toro - "21 Grams"
  • Djimon Hounsou - "In America"
  • Tim Robbins - "Mystic River"
  • Ken Watanabe - "The Last Samurai"

Best Supporting Actress
  • Shohreh Aghdashloo - "House of Sand and Fog"
  • Patricia Clarkson - "Pieces of April"
  • Marcia Gay Harden - "Mystic River"
  • Holly Hunter - "Thirteen"
  • Renee Zellweger - "Cold Mountain"

Best Director
  • Fernando Meirelles - "City of God"
  • Peter Jackson - "The Return of the King"
  • Sofia Coppola - "Lost in Translation"
  • Peter Weir - "Master and Commander"
  • Clint Eastwood - "Mystic River"

Best Foreign Film
  • "The Barbarian Invasions" (Canada)
  • "Zelary" (Czech Republic)
  • "The Twilight Samurai" (Japan)
  • "Twin Sisters" (The Netherlands)
  • "Evil" (Sweden)

Best Animated Feature Film
  • "Brother Bear"
  • "Finding Nemo"
  • "The Triplets of Belleville"

If you have an idea of which ones should win, then post your predictions.

OMG how can they keep doing this to poor old Tom! should be up for best actor and Samurai should defiantly be up for best picture

I agree Khayman, he did a great job in Samurai, and that movie was just awesome.

Oh and Lost in Translation and Bill Murray RULE!

I love Charlize Theron...and I think Sean Penn and Tim Robbins were excellent in Mystic River. And of course I love Finding Nemo. I could care less about all the others.

Mystic River was one of the best movies I've seen in the last few years. Granted, I can relate, they filmed it about 10 minutes from my home.

Nice! A bunch of great movies in there. LOTR: ROTK still takes the cake, in my opinion. :)

"Mystic River" was an incredible film. Great direction, amazing acting and an intriguing story. Still, I don't think it should fare better than "Return of the King." The Academy didn't award the first two chapters of the trilogy, so chances are good that they have been waiting for it to end before handing out the awards. Peter Jackson should win for Best Director and it should also take Best Picture.

As for acting, I wouldn't mind seeing Sean Penn take Best Actor. The Academy usually gives the award for dramatic roles, so it will be a surprise to me if Bill Murray takes Best Actor. Tim Robbins is deserving as well for Best Supporting Actor, but I'm not sure that he will actually win. Marcia Gay Harden was incredible in "Mystic River" though, so she has my vote for Best Supporting Actress. I don't really have an opinion right now as far as Best Supporting Actress is concerned.

(Edited the noms list to include film titles for actors/actresses.)

ahhh... rich and famous people wanting more money and fame. Now they want a pat on the back for a wonderful job they did in a movie they got paid millions to be in. Ahh what a wonderful world we live in.

No kidding. Ain't that the truth. I don't think they realize how lucky they are. Jerks!

No kidding Pseudo.

Funny Story:
My girlfriend lives in an apt. (flat) complex with some "B" actors. One of the "actors" came right home from the GoldenGlobes, went right into the laundry room to do his own laundry, and was pissed that he had to wait in a line to wash his clothes.

It's pretty amazing the size of the throne some people can put themselves on.

(Didnt mean to go off topic)
Go Peter Jackson!!

Don't think tom cruise deserved it for last samurai.... nice job but no oscar please...

ken watanabe was my pick from the movie to get oscar buzz and thank god he was acknowledged...

Lord of the Rings ties the Oscar-winning record with 11 awards! Not much of a surprise there! :D

No real surprises this year in general. It would have been great to see Bill Murray take Best Actor, but Sean Penn was outstanding in Mystic River, plus he's never won an Oscar either.

clean sweep...

seems a bit overwhelming really... but good job...

makes up for the travesty that was Fellowship missing out on best screen adaptation...

That was the point really, FOTR and TT where both ignore mainly, they where waiting for this one

Oh and Murray was ROBBED! robbed i tell ya!

I feel so bad for anyone that only got nominated in a catagory w/ LotR's :/ *cough*Bill Murray*cough*

I heard Bill Murray cried when he lost (or because he lost?)?

Is this true or does anyone know anything about it?

Codasmd said:
I heard Bill Murray cried when he lost (or because he lost?)?

Is this true or does anyone know anything about it?
I only saw the end and they showed Bill a few times in last 10mins or so and he looked really upset/sad :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back