OS X Shares Suddenly Missing from Windows 2000

misterpatrick

OSNN Newbie
Hello all,

I have a strange little problem with my Windows 2000 box and my Macs running OS x 10.3.8. I installed a new USB card in my Windows box along with the included USB drivers.

When I rebooted my networked mapped OS X shares wouldn't appear and I can no longer browse with Wondows to the Mac. I *can* however open up the Windows shares on both of my Macs. I can also browse the internet fine on the PC. I don't have another PC to see if this is something between the Windows 2000 and OSX or just something wonky with the PC networking.

So I think installing the USB drivers turned a service off or something. Does anyone know what this might be and how I can get things working again? Thanks!

Have you tried toggling windows sharing on/off just restart the service on the Mac?

Nope, that didn't do anything. It says "Network Path Not Found" and nothing shows up under Computers Near Me. How do I connect to a server using an IP address? Maybe that wil work.

It sounds more like a Master Browser issue. Try disabling/reenabling the Computer Browser service on the Windows PC.

I am not familiar with OSX, but am familiar with Linux/Unix and windows file sharing, does OSX use samba?

Can you ping the 2k PC by IP and UNC path, and vice versa from the Mac's?

I can browse the PC fine from the Mac, it's only the PC that won't see the Mac. That's why it's a little weird that it's only working the one way.

OK, but can you access the shares via the ip address. Just type \\192.168.x.x or whatever your OSX IP's are, into Start > Run.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back