organized favorites?

bluzeboy

Bluzeboy
Is there any program that will enable in IE my organized favorites to stay in the order I have placed them. Just some not all of my organized favorites are in different order each day.

the 2 in particular have different icons,ntfs.org & Spammers Paradise.

this what i mean by differant icons

http://atlas.imagemagician.com/images/bluzeboy/fav.jpg

It sounds like you have some spyware adding sites to your favs and re-arranging. Do you run Adaware or the like? I use IE as well as Firbird, Mozilla and Opera and I haven't seen anything like that.

ok, I think I understand what you were asking now. You have your favs in a custom order, not alphabetized.
Are they alphabetized when you go back in? or are they just moved around randomly.

everything is in my custom order execpt those 2 with differant icons ,how can i change those icons so they are like all the others?

Click on favorites, then right-click on the one you want to change.
Go to properties and the Web Document tab (in XP)
There is a button there for change icon
When you click that, there is a box that says look for icons in this file, make sure it says:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\url.dll <---hopefully you installed Windows to std directories

Then choose the standard "E" icon which should be at the top of the list.

delete favicons. I forget wher ethe option is, but normally if you delete cookies and favourites, they are gone

bluzboy, use the method wag describes to copy a path to an icon that you want.

then repeat on the icons that you don't want, and paste in the new path

I love favicons...I use a program called favorg that keeps the facicons there till I don't want them

funny though, when I first read the post, I thought you had a "favorites" order issue, not a "favorites" icon issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back