2x 512 MB Corsair Pc3200 Memory
Western Digital 80gb 7200rpm ata100 8mb cache
NEC 17 LCD1760V Monitor
Ati 128mb 9700pro AIW 8xagp

and this case

anything you guys think I shouldnt get?
I am going to place the orders monday

change the HD to a ATA 133 instead of the ATA 100

any perticular reason you're going with Intel?
I'm not going to try to talk you out of it, but I bet any (ex-intel) AMD owner will tell you that they are so much more fun.

Originally posted by Plexapotamus
any perticular reason you're going with Intel?
I'm not going to try to talk you out of it, but I bet any (ex-intel) AMD owner will tell you that they are so much more fun.
Because it's got HT. I want one too... :(
Yeah I know HT has been dissed in the benchmarks, but it shines in real life with multi threading afaik.

Originally posted by Plexapotamus
change the HD to a ATA 133 instead of the ATA 100

why? what noticeable difference would he see?

The only reason I went with intel is because of the 800mhz FSB and the HT. I figured it would have to be a little better then m old 1700xp which sucked for doing a bunch of things at once.

and whats the deal with ata 133? I was thinking about serial ata because I know thats faster but will ata133 give me a noticable performance gain over ata100?

No not really. Just as SATA won't give you any noticeable difference either allthough it's 150MB/s.

That WD is one of the best drives on the market at the moment, I would stick with it, it's a very fast drive. I'd look at a better brand for the mobo, get a Asus, or Gigabyte, instead of a Soyo.

well i had a soyo dragon for my amd board and i was very content with it so I figured id stick to what i know.

I still think you'd be happier with an Asus mobo. Nothing beats the quality of Asus

Stick some wheels on it and drive it around. Holy Crap. I'll trade you my piece of crap P3 for it. Hey why didn't you stick that new GeForce FX in it. With 2x512 memory why not 200GB HD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back