Ordering Barton

N

neo

Hey guys need a quick help here I am ordering barton 3000 and a7n8x is it worth buying. I am planning for half life 2 and doom3. The cost including shipping is $ 445.99 . (NEWEGG.com)

if you are planning on half life 2 and doom3 then you might want to look at a good video card first. what are you runnning now?

ATI Radeon 9700Pro. But also thinking of buying 9800Pro Or 9900Pro with 256MB Each, I think By the time doom3 will come's out 9900pro will be in the market.

well i dont know about the barton but I just ordered the P4 2.4C with a soyo mobo for about the same price and i would think that a pentium would be better for games because of a higher FSB and such.

Thing about barton is it is compared with p4 3 ghz. while p4 2.4 u cannot overclock it too make it 3 or ever less .

actually... you can

pentium 2.4c easily overclockable to 3ghz with stock cooling. and It has HT... :D

Originally posted by 80proofgatorade
actually... you can

pentium 2.4c easily overclockable to 3ghz with stock cooling. and It has HT... :D

@ this point in time HT == jack all... it works in some things... not so much in other things..

but I like the 2.4c for its higher FSB since that DOES Make a nice performance difference...

btw neo... hl2 should not be as intensive as doom3... :)

Pentium 2.4($ 170.00) + Koolance2 ($199.99) + Overheat + lot's of space in computer + dislike of installing water base cooler= $370.00 + lot's of troble

I don't know my mind keeps telling me this thing over and over again

neo, make sure it's the A7N8X Deluxe ver. 2.0... the 2.0 nforce2 boards support the 400fsb athlons (eg. 3200+).

what you are getting is fine, just overclock it a little and you will have top performance. for hl2 and doomIII the 9700pro will be fine, i would wait another 1/2 to 1 year to get another video card if the top ones stay at $350~400+

Yes it does support 3200+ But I read a review the 3200 is not worth the name or the speed it's compared with 2800.

Originally posted by neo
Yes it does support 3200+ But I read a review the 3200 is not worth the name or the speed it's compared with 2800.
i just meant for future upgradeability. not for the 3200+ exactly... just future 400fsb procs in general. :)

Get the barton, been reading about it, sounds very cool. HT on P4 is gay and only like one game supports it.

Originally posted by taurus
i just meant for future upgradeability. not for the 3200+ exactly... just future 400fsb procs in general. :)

there won't be anymore after the 3200+ after that is the athlon 64 and that has an internal FSB of like 1.5ghz and the ram is Sepperate. or thats what has been hinted at anyways.

If I was you I would just save my momey tell about a week or 2 b4 the launch then go out and buy your hardware you will get it for cheaper and possibly get something better. shoot the athlon 64 (home pc version of the operton) might be out and then u will need the extra money to buy that, if you wanted that even.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back