Order your free Windows XP SP2 CD

I just get an HTTP 500 error
sad.gif

Didn't work for me either, that link is dead now. I think someone fubar'ed it :)

According to Mike Brannigan (MSFT) until this page is linked to from the official SP2 page on Microsoft.com, you may not actually receive your CDs and orders may not be fulfilled since this page may not be formally actived yet.

It appears the ordering system has been downed intentionally.

Thanks for the clarification, Enyo.
smile.gif

I did receive an email confirmation, however, so it does seem like the order might be valid.
Please keep this e-mail for your records.
Thank you for ordering the Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD. Microsoft has received your Order, and it is being processed. You can expect to receive your CD within 4-6 weeks.

Order Number: **************

Part Number: E85-03147
Product Name: Windows XP Professional SP2 English NA Patch CD Web Only Pro/Home
Qty: 1

CD Cost: Free
Shipping Charge: Free

Do not reply to this e-mail. This message was sent to you using an automated system. This e-mail alias is not monitored for replies. Questions? Comments? Contact Us at http://register.microsoft.com/contactus30/feedback40.asp?domain=windows/xpsp2

Thank you,
Microsoft

We highly recommend that you update your Microsoft software to better protect against viruses and security vulnerabilities. Please visit us at http://www.microsoft.com/protect for details.

NetRyder, he mentioned that to and said don't read anything into it :) I think they will honor the order however.

Enyo said:
NetRyder, he mentioned that to and said don't read anything into it :) I think they will honor the order however.
Ah well, I could always order another one when it comes back up.
As I said earlier...lots of friends who could make use of one.
wink.gif

Wish I had a holiday booked for next two weeks, Sun, Sea, surf, Cornish Pixies and NO MORE WAITING :(

wtf they closed the registration for the cds, i guess they only had a certain amount they can give out, damn i wanted to order one for my sister

The order form will be back. I think the page was set up in aticipation of the SP2 release, but the link was released onto the net early so they pulled the plug on it for now.

Heh, for some reason this thread got reported...:rolleyes:

o_87 said:
Heh, for some reason this thread got reported...:rolleyes:
Yes, it was regarding a couple of posts that I edited out (off-topic flamebait). Someone else seems to have deleted the posts now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back