Orbitz 1024 or 1280

RazerBack

The First Rebirth
Is there any real major difference?
Orbitz 800 I can see that it really does shrink. On my 19" CRT at 1280 x 1024 res using 1024 or 1280 the fonts shift over a space or two. Tried it in both IE and FireFox.

To my knowledge, 800 is narrow and fixed width, 1024 is fixed width for users of that res, and 1280 is variable width, it works in 1024, but also adapts itself to higher resolutions. I could be wrong though.

800 is fixed and so could 1024 (what i use) but 1280 doesn't adapt to 1024 as i have a scroll at bottom ::shivers::

1280 fills the screen more, excpet for a Tiny side scroll @ 1024

1280 here on my Sony 19" CRT, left and right stripes are thinner this way and ads return on the right side ;) 800 is horrible, at least for me...

Yeah, with the 1280 the ads are on the right, if you don't see a difference, you are blocking the adverts.

Electronic Punk said:
[...] if you don't see a difference, you are blocking the adverts.
What do you mean ?
I chose 1280 in the drop down list because of my screen, I'm glad you enabled this option EP btw, and the cherry on top of it is that the ads returned on the right side as where before you tweaked the front page, leaving the left menus untouched as I love them ;)

1024 has the ads in the menu
1280 has them on the right

We all know this ;)
1280 is the best, it keeps the page well balanced, organized, more agreable to the eye; unfortunately, some can't run that res. ...
EP, don't take me wrong, I didn't mean to criticize any part of the page content ;)

Electronic Punk said:
Yeah, with the 1280 the ads are on the right, if you don't see a difference, you are blocking the adverts.

Yes my computer has been blocking ads :(
Bad Proximotron. Bad :mad:
Yipee!! I can now vote on the front page :)

No doubt Howling Wolf, but I designed and modified each of those themes while working in that particular resolution and thats what they came out at.

I also use the 1280 version as that is what my res can allow, but others can't

Alot of offices etc. are still stuck in 800x600 for example.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back