Optimus Vaporware

well..... OLED keys, not LCD keys. and yeah.... i read about that earlier. kinda sucks, even though i wasn't planning on buying one of those keyboards to begin with. still a neat idea though. it's like a Zboard... without having to buy specially made attachment sets for it.

Looks cool though - when manufacturing costs come down it could be a good way to make a "one-language-fits-all" keyboard to be sold internationally, so keyboards for all languages could be made in the same run, which might make it cheaper!

May be about 50 years away from that though!!

It's still a good idea and product even with monochrome keys, I think colour might of been too distracting.

Thats true, I never thought about it being distracting. What I find interesting about that article is the speculation on profit margins, THG speculated the cost of the keyboard would be under $100 to manufacture. I think a 1000+% profit is just being ridiculous. The argument can be made that they need the money based on the fact that its not going to make huge market penetration. Although I would imagine they would sell a hell of a lot more units if they lowered the price to say 200 - 400$ I know I would personally spend 200 - 300 at the most for the BW version, maybe closer to 500 for the color version. (assuming you could adjust the OLED brightness of the keys.)

Well we'll get the price in 10-days.

They've always insisted on it being less than a decent phone, however, that really depends on your definition of 'decent'. I think the $200 - $250 mark is fair.

I like the idea of the board. It also depends on it's warrenty. Those LEDS or whatever will be in them will get a lot of wear and tear and might burn out or wirepoints / solder points could get damaged from use...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back