Opinions on 3 PSU

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
My wife is letting me spend some money on my PC and I am looking at PSU. I am looking at 3 different ones, that I have found good reviews on and wanted to get some opinions from everyone. So let me know what you all think of these.

Well there is only one thing that bothers me about quiet pc's PSU's. Did you notice that there power output is listed by using combined output and not dedicated output? Now granted with a 460W PSU it might not really be as much an issue as that is alot of power, but I don't want to chance it (it would be my luck, and I would never hear the end of it from the wife). Other than that I would go for it.

Well After allot of reading reviews and the post here, (I really apreciate everyones input) I have decided to go with the Antec True 550 ATX (it was only $10 more than the 480 so.......).

So why did I choose this over the Enermax 460? Well after reading over 50 reviews 70% (approx) stated that the voltage rails had a significantly greater variance over that of the Antec or even the Thermaltake. So I went with the Antec.

Good choice.

I was going to post that do you really need that blue light shining out of the back of your PC?

Antec TruePower's are quality =)

1) i hate lights i can't turn off. they annoy the hell out of me when i am trying to sleep. 2) why on god's green earth do we need so much power. when i got my 520watt power supply i had connections coming out of everywhere. for all fans and HDDS and CD-ROMs, i still have a few free and doubt i will ever fully use it. they are mainly for server usage but it makes me feel like a bad@$$.

Originally posted by mbunny
Good choice.

I was going to post that do you really need that blue light shining out of the back of your PC?

Antec TruePower's are quality =)

Well my PC is in my office so it really ouldn't bother me any and I am going to be adding a custom window mod in the next week when the stuff I bought from pcmods gets in, so it would have been nice, but If I really want it I will just mod the PSU.

Jz1397-4

1) i hate lights i can't turn off. they annoy the hell out of me when i am trying to sleep. 2) why on god's green earth do we need so much power. when i got my 520watt power supply i had connections coming out of everywhere. for all fans and HDDS and CD-ROMs, i still have a few free and doubt i will ever fully use it. they are mainly for server usage but it makes me feel like a bad@$$.

Well I choose the 550W really for one reason only, so I don't have to worry about powering my PC again for 5-10 years LOL. I figure right now I am using a generic 350W and my system is running good, so with a 550W I won't have to upgrade the PSU for a long time. And like my tag says..."I NEED MORE POWER!"
Besides, I don't ever want to hear...................

Capt. Kirk..........."Scotty! I need more power!!"
Scotty................."I am sorry captian, I am given her all she's got! She can't take much more of this sir!! The PSU is gonna blow!!

rotflmao, I kill myself.............LOLOLOLOLOL

i use a 200W PSU. 1 HD, 1 DVD, 1CD-RW, 1 floppy, I only have 1 empty slot on the mobo (sound, vid (geforce 3 ti500), modem, 10/100), and my processor is sorta cracked out, and i have to plug it directly into the psu. 1 usb joystick, 1 usb cam. and it handles it all. but dell does their PSU's differntly from the rest. mine lasted for, was it almost 4 years? well, december of '99 until tuesday, but now i got another one.

Originally posted by BenQuilter
i use a 200W PSU. 1 HD, 1 DVD, 1CD-RW, 1 floppy, I only have 1 empty slot on the mobo (sound, vid (geforce 3 ti500), modem, 10/100), and my processor is sorta cracked out, and i have to plug it directly into the psu. 1 usb joystick, 1 usb cam. and it handles it all. but dell does their PSU's differntly from the rest. mine lasted for, was it almost 4 years? well, december of '99 until tuesday, but now i got another one.

Umm, how exactly do you plug a processor "directly into the PSU"?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back