Opinion needed

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Hi guys,
I'm gonna get a new mobo/cpu/ram bundle from Komplett, I was looking at this one: http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=111924&cks=PRL
Can anyone give me any feedback regarding what they think of it? Also, I'm going to get a case and a PSU, can anyone make any recommendations for something moderately priced? Will I need anything else? I'm going to use my existing HD/graphics card etc.

EDIT: Will this PSU http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=307838&cks=PRL have enough current on the 12V rail? I don't understand this stuff very much but I read that it should be at least 18A. How can I tell?

Thanks! Reps as usual for helpful posts. :)

Last edited:
this picture shows corsair ram, but the specs say twinmos ram. Never heard of that. also never used an epox motherboard. I usually use abit- asus- or gigabit. I dunno what the translation to dollars is, but i would probably get something different, because i never heard of the ram or used that motherboard brand. But just my opinion.

I'm not going to o/c it or anything, I'm more concerned about the PSU, I think it should be sufficient but I just want confirmation with someone. What about the case, does that look ok?

case looks nice, cant give an opinion on the PSU, asi usually use the Shi**Y ones that come with the cases :)

go for the crucial + 3500, and avoid epox mainboards.

PSU wise i'd go for one of the tagan supplies from overclockers.co.uk/scan.co.uk

Avoid that power supply. It doesn't even have current ratings under the show spec link. If they were proud of it they'd show it off.

See if you can find a price on the Antec truepower 400W or higher. I don't know UK sources or prices.

EPOX is an ok brand. Stable no frills boards.

I've heard of twinmos, it's ok but I'd go for the Crucial for a 64 bit system.

I would not give up the 1024 ram for a 3500 vs a 3200 CPU. cpu won't show a difference the extra ram will. ESPECIALLY since 2 sticks gives you dual channel.

I had an Epox board was fine go for 3500+ and get the extra ram later is my call.

I'm going to go for the 3500+ with the 512 crucial RAM and get some more RAM in a couple of weeks when I have some more money. Thanks for all the help guys, I'll send out reps in a second.

EDIT: I've added reps to everyone, but it wouldn't let me add any more to LeeJend, it says I must wait for a while or something, I must have given you reps for something else recently. I'll try again later.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back