Operation flashpoint online lag???

E

eduardyhc

Hi there,

my problem is: when I run operation flashpoint (ofp) on my xp-machine, the machine acts like it's some sort of pentium 1. the gameplay is very slow (shocky). the problem is, as soon as I play a single mission, or when I'm in the mission editor previewing a mission, the game runs like it should run: perfectly smooth.

since I play this game only online, this bothers me very much.

note: I played ofp on the same computer but then under win98se and I NEVER experienced these problems.

Here are my specs:

amd 800
512 mb ram
40 gb hard-disk (udma 100)
I use an ABIT kt7a motherboard

I use windows xp professional

this is the first time I experience a problem with windows xp (although other online games have more or less the same problem: counterstrike and soldier of fortune work, but not as smooth as they should)

I'm almost sure there must be a 'cure' for this problem...

PLEASE HELP ME!!!! ;)

eduard

The first thing to check, is what you have running in the background using CPU and memory processes.

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Shutdown as many as possible and see if that helps.

You can also asign more CPU priority to the game but i wouldnt go down that road yet :p

Thanks for the tip, only it doesn't work.

u c: the problem is that ofp runs very smooth as long as I don't play any online mission. As soon as I play online things slow down horribly (and I have an adsl-connection, so that can't be the problem)

eduard

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back