Operating System lag

Originally posted by AlecStaar

Yea, & now that app's VERY solid, stable, safe, & FAST!

* It's exploding with downloads off winsite.com in fact, over 220 in 2 days time, with ALOT of good feedback coming my way here in that post & in emails too!

:)

APK

P.S.=> LonMan & StoneHenge are VERY good testers! They found things I corrected & it is one HELL of an application now! I even credited them in the About box & programs right-click in Explorer.exe's properties for their help on making it 100% XP/ME solid & perfect at this point! apk

Not to bust your bubble, and I am sure it is an excellent program, but my machine is picky. :mad:

To tell you how picky it is.........IT WILL NOT RUN WINDOWS 98. It will installed run for an hour then crash. Right after reboot, crash. Good figure. So it could be that my machine doesn't like program. Is it possible that computers are getting so advance that they can somewhat "think for themselves"? :p

Also you listed COM+ in your list. I have 2 COM+ services (COM+ Event System and COM+ System Application) You're going to have to type the whole name....easier clarifications

Originally posted by ZipTriX

Not to bust your bubble, and I am sure it is an excellent program, but my machine is picky. :mad:

To tell you how picky it is.........IT WILL NOT RUN WINDOWS 98. It will installed run for an hour then crash. Right after reboot, crash. Good figure. So it could be that my machine doesn't like program. Is it possible that computers are getting so advance that they can somewhat "think for themselves"? :p

I'd say you either have a heat problem, RAM problem, or somethings ready to fail...

Are you serious? Does it run this way in XP too?

Win98 is funky, but not *that* funky. If what you say is true, you have a hardware problem...

Originally posted by Speed4Ever

I'd say you either have a heat problem, RAM problem, or somethings ready to fail...

Are you serious? Does it run this way in XP too?

Win98 is funky, but not *that* funky. If what you say is true, you have a hardware problem...

No hardware problems. XP runs with no problems and same with 2000. My pc just doesn't like 98. My neighbor, his pc hated 2000 and XP. His computer specs were same as mine.

1.4 TBird
1024 SDRam PC133
Geforce 3
SB Live 5.1 Plat
Linksys Nic Card
2 40 GB WD 7200rpm ATA100
Abit KT7A-RAID (not running raid, only have 2 hd, one is full of mp3s. Don't think I want to set raid right now..lol)

nah I'm not worried about you "busting" up my post. gives me something to read while figuring out then unneeded services. Keep gossiping :D

Ok say you get blue screen computer reboots and writes the error to a file. What services is that? It's not the system event is it?

Could be, but afaik, that is for notifying the admin via the Messenger service on a network... I don't use that here, standalone...

If you find out it is for that? Simple... don't turn it off if you need that!

(Not having a big enough pagefile can affect those dumps too, you MUST have at least a 32mb one on C:\ drive for that to work! They hardcoded that in XP apparently... bad move MS!)

* :)

APK

my min is 50 mb and max is 3000 mb

ahhh screw it still lagging my windows explorer

I'll mess with it later on...i'm going through counterstrike withdrawals

yippie!!!! I found the culprit and now I hate MS for it. It was the shell detection b.s. I have to have it enabled. Oh well sometimes we have to sacrifice to make a gain.

Check it out

Man!

Good for you!

But... watch it with that one... no joke. It's what I call... a "reader"... don't ask!

APK

P.S.=> What is an agent? They can move around in ANY software still hardwired to their system... apk

ok have to ask, a "reader"?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back