Opera newbie needs help!

S

Spanko

I decided to try opera and i can honestly say I like it way more then IE. But there are some small problems, one is www.amddb.com wont display right... minor problem but im wondering if other sites wont either? Also does anyone have some tips and tricks and experiences to share? still trying to figure out how change settings and get rid of the useless windows and menus...

I can't get to that site from Opera or IE at the moment :confused:

There are known sites that won't work correctly with Opera.

Microsoft's own website is one of them, go figure that out.

Microsoft is of the opinion that everybody must use and like IE, well I do neither.

That's why I use Opera 99% of the time. if I have to go to MS website I use IE, for other websites that refuse to conform to the standards and only build webpages directed to IE only, I simply don't go there or refuse to go there.

my 3 cents

cool.gif

Originally posted by Iceman
Microsoft's own website is one of them, go figure that out.
The MSN.com Opera problem was a deliberate sabotage on MS's behalf. Really bad PR there MS!

I've started using Opera again on a regular basis as well. I've noticed a few sites don't show properly. Even ntfs.org is messed up for me(minor things). The main page doesnt fit my resolution, and when threads have more than one page, the page numbers at the bottom look like they are crammed into each other.

I get java script boxes all the time, usally when running email. I would use Opera all the time if it wasn't for Java script problems..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back