Opera Discussion

I use to love Opera and used it pretty much 99% of the time, until Opera 7 came out, the hotlist you use to be able to close it with a little x up in the right corner, thats gone, (yea I know u can hit F4 but I don't like doign that). When i switched to Opera 7 it completely messed up all my favorites, and i spent a couple hours sorting that mess. The one thing i do say Opera has going for it, is they have versions for pretty much every OS out there. Opera is a browser that either you love it, or you hate it with a passion. I'm on the fence now with it, use it some times, and when I do I use Opera 6.05. Just like anything personal taste, (I like brunettes too).

:)

For favourites use URLBase organiser which is compatible with all browsers :)

i find this tweak increases the apparent browsing speed

go to preferences->windows ... next to Loading, set it to Redraw Instantly... default is redraw after 1 sec.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Why should it? The development team put a LOT of work into it, and need to generate some sort of revenue from those who don't wish to pay for their work.

Nonsense, there are plenty of other browsers out there that have similar features, yet do not demand that you pay for them to remove advertizements. I presume their developers spend time on them also

I think that you'll find browsers like mozilla (sorry to bring it into this thread) are open source and in-fact have literally thousands of developers. Opera have instead chosen to request payment for their work, it's not absolutely essential that you pay, they would just like it if you did.
If you'd made something like opera, which is admittedly an impressive piece of work, you'd probably want something in return.

Take FreeBSD and Windows, both can do the same, one isn't better than the other, yet one isn't free. It's up to the people who make it what they do with it.

Will have to try this browser and see if it works with my web site www.mark-buxton.co.uk

I used it like ages a go 6.X after reading it in a magazine, Ill use it one day though. Pobebly install it on my Gentoox (xbox) system :).

I love the browser. Its fast and I enjoy the skins. The un/pw wand is itself worth the switch. I don't like its integrated downloader. Also I'd like to be able to move the tool bar categories, "File, Edit, View, etc," I'd like to move the bookmarks to where the navigation is. They also need to update later so it automatically adds ed2k links. What I'd really love is to see is a "ekko liquid" skin for Opera. It is awesome and only here at NTFS.

I love the browser. Its fast and I enjoy the skins. The un/pw wand is itself worth the switch. I don't like its integrated downloader. Also I'd like to be able to move the tool bar categories, "File, Edit, View, etc," I'd like to move the bookmarks to where the navigation is. They also need to update later so it automatically adds ed2k links. What I'd really love is to see is a "ekko liquid" skin for Opera. It is awesome and only here at NTFS.

You can do most of these things already, although it does usually involve editing ini files. Im at work at the moment and cant remember how to do this stuff off the top of my head, but if you visit http://myopera.com/forums you should be able to find out all you need to know (check out the customisation forum)

Oh, BTW, did you guys know a new version is out (7.50 - its a preview, but has been rock solid for me) http://snapshot.opera.com/windows/o750tp1_3494.exe

I appreciate the links, maybe in later versions they'll have these settings available in the customization toolbar. Another thing I'd like to see with Opera is the right click on a bookmark to delete instead of having to go into manage bookmarks to edit. I've also had some nagging problems spending to much time in inporting favorities form IE, but I got it figured out. Its just adjusting from IE (fastbrowser mod) to Opera. I really like the wand thing. Weird it doesn't let me use it here at NTFS to log in. Speaking of, does anyone feel as their might be security issues/concerns with the wand.

Another excellent site for customizing Opera: http://nontroppo.org/wiki/Opera7
Napalmnthemorni - I'm with you on the right click bookmarks!
Speedy_B - it does seem odd that they havent brought out the Mac version yet, according to one of the Opera staff on their forums it's "coming soon", I think they are beta testing it internally, dont know why they havent released a public beta though, they always do with Win and Linux versions!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back