Opera Discussion

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
This thread will be for discussion of the Opera web browser (along with the mail and all other features) on any platform., ie: Windows, Mac OS, Linux, BSD and so on...
There will be no comparing it to "Browser X", no belittling other browsers, or anything that is off topic.
ANY derogatory, off topic, or flaming comments within this thread will be deleted without warning.

opera is easily the best browser out there.. .mouse gestures, tabbed browsing, fast browser.. just genius

viper snake, we l0ook forward to your support here, not too many of us mods have that much experiance with this browser.

great thred, let's hope it takes off

Did you know that the Tabbed browsing in Opera works diffrently? Oprea has Faux Tabbed Browsing! Oprea uses a toolbar swicher for the MDI Interface that acts alot like tabbed browsing but is really not.

My knowledge of Opera currently lies at general use, and the mouse gesture to open a link in a new window :D

I'm always using it from time to time though to get a better understanding of it. I usually use it under BeOS :)

I personally do not like Opera to much. But that is because i was once laughed at on their mailling list at a bug.

Then later it was fixed.

Used to be a favourte. Completely uninstalled now because adware. Loved it because of the sheer speed - said to be fastest browser in the world - questionable.

Opera don't have ad-aware like you would associate with Aurate or those other gator infested applications like Go1zilla (the worst offender for spyware I ever downloaded).

O.K. Opera I dont find as fast or as good as IE. It' not IMHO as good as mozilla (I don't use Pheonix/Firebird) I have installed IE, Opera, Mozilla Netscape and I have these four so I use my main one IE and test out webs in the others for faults and corrections.

I am not too keen to invest in Opera, if you luv it you luv it.

we're not comparing browsers guys, we're supporting them

tell us why you like it, without referance to other browsers, and tell us what we should try.

I know the adds are downloaded during idle time, so they don't affect bandwidth

O.K. I like to use Opera to test out my web pages I created so that scandinavian people and those that use Opera by default can view my content without a hitch.

That's why I like it. Nah that's not true actually it's horrid.
Ugly interface, very slow with constant errors saying it can't display some file types.

So I won't support it I wont pay for it.

Is that better?

Just isntalled it again here. I like the little seperate window with the bookmarks in (I use bookmarks a lot)
One thing I can't get used to is the mouse gestures, it seems that most users think this is one of the browsers main selling points, but I just find that I can normally acheive things quicker with the keyboard+mouse....

Did you know that "Forward" button (and the "Forward" mouse gesture) in Opera looks for the word "Next" with a link in page and automatically go to the link?

Did you know that when you're browsing a folder with a lot of pictures, the Forward button and gesture automatically goes to the next picture in the folder?

Did you know that if you create file with a bunch of links in it, you can browse all the links using the Forward button (and gesture).

Did you know that in the opera url and search box there is an option to "Paste and Go" ?

Did you know that the "Find in page search" for opera finds the word as you type it in the search box?

Did you know that "Forward" button (and the "Forward" mouse gesture) in Opera looks for the word "Next" with a link in page and automatically go to the link?

Did you know that when you're browsing a folder with a lot of pictures, the Forward button and gesture automatically goes to the next picture in the folder?

Did you know that if you create file with a bunch of links in it, you can browse all the links using the Forward button (and gesture).
no, no and no. all sound very handy though.

Did you know that in the opera url and search box there is an option to "Paste and Go" ?
I did! I absolutely love this feature :)

Did you know that the "Find in page search" for opera finds the word as you type it in the search box?
Again, nope, but handy!

Thanks for the tips :)

i love opera because its a very good browser and i like it specially cause its skinnable, my favourite skin for now is odyssey.

Looks nice and clean. May have to have a browse for some Opera skins a bit later :)

yes, if you buy the bvrowser, that should do the trick

let us know

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back