Opera and related applications discussion

UnOfficial deviantART skin is my favorite. Plain and simple. running 3494. I'm really enjoying Opera 7.50

So you don't like the appearnce of the tool bar buttons on the Standard theme's background or you like that theme?

Your Web Browser Asks: "Can We Talk?"

Opera, one of the most popular alternative Web browsers, is getting a new voice. The company announced that they plan to embed IBM's ViaVoice technology into a future version of their browser software, allowing users to navigate Web sites, request information and fill in Web forms using speech instead of traditional input methods. Read more about it here:

link or link 2

when i download torrents with a .zip extension as part of the filename (ie. filename.zip.torrent) opera renames it "filename.zip.zip" and i always have to manually rename it back to ".zip.torrent". Anyway to make opera not do this??

yalooze said:
when i download torrents with a .zip extension as part of the filename (ie. filename.zip.torrent) opera renames it "filename.zip.zip" and i always have to manually rename it back to ".zip.torrent". Anyway to make opera not do this??

I hope you got this working yalooze. I don't have any problems with my torrents not working correctly. Maybe give 3733 a try if you haven't tried it yet. For anyone interested Opera 7.5 build 3733 has been out for awhile. I like it allot and I've been hooked on it for quite awhile now. I am going to give Firefox a try and do some comparisons.

no luck with 3733, but i did sorta work it out.

I basically removed any reference to .zip in "preferences -> file types" and created a new application/x-bittorrent with file extension "torrent". This now lets me download files with .zip.torrent extensions whereas previsously the .zip in the filename would override the .torrent....for some strange reason.

It wasn't a real problem, as such, but more something that just got really annoying after a while.

anyways, thanks for the advice ^_^

No, not at all. Opera is simply another application and it will install where u tell it to. The only issue u'll have is deciding which browser u want to be default, which is a very easy decision for me....Opera all the way ^_^

brodyhooperquint said:
Hi...Do you need to uninstall IE to be able to use Opera?

That is probably the one reason why people doesn't use so much other browsers than IE. They scare that new browser replaces it.

7.5 final out

Its been out for several weeks. Give it a try if you haven't used it.

Opera 7.5

Opera 7.50 adds several new features and improves on the innovations of Opera 7. A quick glance at new features and improvements:

Enhanced built-in e-mail client, Opera Mail
IRC-compatible chat. Uses the IRC (Internet Relay Chat) protocol.
New chat panel lists visited chat rooms and status of on-line contacts.
Textual smileys are automatically transformed to graphical ones.
Supports transferring files by the DCC (Direct Client-to-Client) protocol.
Completely new sleek UI design
Fast full-text indexing of e-mail messages
Support for spell check
Graphical smileys in chat and e-mail

And you have your skin options and the wand that lets you quickly and automaticly add your un/pw for your favorite forums.

750_02_screen.jpg

Opera 7.51 Build 3798

Opera 7.51 Build 3798

Changelog

Security

Restricted image size in address bar, page bar and page/window cycler. This addresses issue reported in GreyMagic security advisory GM#007-OP: wide favicons could cover URL in the address line.

Miscellaneous

Various stability improvements
Redirecting links correctly marked as visited
Initial support for quoting selected text in messages
Solved problem with duplicate addresses when using "Reply all"

I really like Opera, and i will never go back to IE. :)
But i would like to have a good download manager for it.
I used StarDownloader, but it wasnt 100% compatible.
Is there another that works with Opera?

is there a way to move the location of the tabs from the top to the bottom?

gballard, right-click on a tab --> click "custonmize toolbars..." --> in "placement" select "bottom"

^_^

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back