opera - 9.52. Testing it again .. Feedback ..

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
So far I like it. I have to see how it looks with some sites as far as link rendering and such though. That is the only thing keeping me from using it all the time ..

the look and feel of it is nice. I like the downloader with the torrent support as well. Plus some of the widgets are kinda cool (although I doubt I will use any of those)

Any other input ?

I kept bumping into sites with CSS menus that disappear as you move off the menu button onto an item, or AJAX features such as double clicking a forum thread to rename it not working.

I'd love to use it more as I prefer it over firefox and IE but simple stuff doesn't (or didn't) work right.

I'll have to install it again myself and give feedback :)

well the double-click to rename a thread works properly now :)

Edit: and it doesn't break deviantart for me any more either :)

The way I got around that is to mask opera as IE for the sites that use heavy Ajax or don't render properly. The ultimate widget is Torrent Power Search, just type in what you are looking for and it will scan most of the torrent sites for you.

thanx for the info, falcongaurd. I will try those out ...

Link rendering seems to work ... Finally ! looks like I will be making this my deafult for a while to see how it works. I am liking the improvements ....

For me, it is still miles faster than any other browser. I LOVE the firefox all-in-one sidebar extension, which is my main reason for still using FF once in a while. Other than that, Opera is awesome.

Yeah the built in reader keeps me on top of feeds, I pretty much don't have a reason to use anything else.

Never tried the desktop version personally, though i am running the mobile version (WM6) and I have it ont the DS and wii. May have to give it a go but I have been a long time fan of firefox :)

The one thing I have noticed about this new opers is that some page gifs and jpg settings aren't right. For example; the links at the top at the forum here - Recent new posts and such ones - They are all out of synch with where they are supposed to be. It's a small detail and not really that bad, but it does look wacked if you know what I mean ..

Yeah the built in reader keeps me on top of feeds, I pretty much don't have a reason to use anything else.

I am liking the feed reader as well. I just wish it would show as a webpage instead of a text file. Other than that is it nice .. I am liking this more ...

I also have the built in email client set up to run with my gmail accounts. As a question - Does anyone know how to edit the signature in this for emails? I don't want it to say about using opera ...

I am liking the feed reader as well. I just wish it would show as a webpage instead of a text file. Other than that is it nice .. I am liking this more ...

I also have the built in email client set up to run with my gmail accounts. As a question - Does anyone know how to edit the signature in this for emails? I don't want it to say about using opera ...
I'm digging this, haven't used it yet but I know I will;

Have you ever forgotten the page where you found that great article or that perfect gift? When using Opera the browser remembers not only the titles and addresses, but the actual content of the Web pages you visit.

I figured out the signature editing :)

anyone know how to get colors and favicons in the favorites panel?

I can't stand that gray look going on right now

I'm not sure how to do that yet, perris. I am guessing that changing the theme would do it. As for favicons, they are automatic with the sites you go to ..

I found that I like the split view in the favorits panels as well.

I'm also having trouble viewing osnn

check out snipping shot attached;

Attachments

• opera glitch.JPG
    opera glitch.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 104
i get that from time to time on FF sometimes ctl+f5 is required - so how great is this opera then, last time i used it was when if you had the free version it had ads in it

i get that from time to time on FF sometimes ctl+f5 is required - so how great is this opera then, last time i used it was when if you had the free version it had ads in it
they made the browser intirely free, it's definately the fastest browser of the three but I am having trouble with comfort, I hate the gray side panel and usually go back to ie

Perris,

What is your default font size? Also if you want more color try changing the skins, or you can change the color of the skin itself under appearance, and select any color you want or something to match the system. Try the fit to width option under view.

Personally, I use the Straccio skin, it is lean and tight.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back