Opera 9.5 released

only change I've found so far that I don't like is the key command to paste and go to a url, otherwise I've got no issues

What is this opera you speak of?

I like the new default skin and it does feel a little snappier than the old version after some usage :D

Chastity, what key command do you not like to go to the URL?

Alt+D is what I use for all my browser :eek:

I installed on my work system and this sucker is awesome :D

All the FF fanboys really need to get off their high-horses and give Opera more kudo's. It is so much more polished and faster.

paste and go in 9.5 crtl+shft+v, instead of in 9.2x ctrl+b, though at the moment that is not my major issue, it seems to be using more ram then 9.2x did

This is wicked fast, I am enjoying this very much especially the synch across all of my comps.

Chastitiy why not just go into tools>preferences and under the advanced tab redefine your shortcuts to opera 9.2 options?

Yeah it beats the poops out of Firefox on speed. I'll keep playing with it, because I hate missing out on something good just because I haven't tried it.

thanks for the tip falconguard, though actually it was a bit simipler then what you suggested, they have the keyboard setup of 9.2 listed so selected that.

Now to figure out the reason its using 72MB of ram or more at the moment

:up:Yah saw that when I went under options, so i was hoping you would find it also there.

Hmmm, Opera 9.5 is using about 4 MB less than FF3 for me right now and neither is consuming even half as much as FF2 did before.

Hmmm, Opera 9.5 is using about 4 MB less than FF3 for me right now and neither is consuming even half as much as FF2 did before.
I'm liking it myself but can't figure out how to pin the bookmark sweet to the left panel the way I'm used to in ie and firefox, any suggestions?

It's in the panels options. Open the bookmarks panel and it should appear. It will automatically pin to the side.

Alternatively, the toolbox icon on the left side next to the navigation button's should toggle it.

Well I'll keep an eye on it, and research it. Right now 126740 K memory useage with 2 tabs so something is rotten in there or somewhere

I have 5 tabs and two torrents running and am at 122,964 so it seems ok.

It's in the panels options. Open the bookmarks panel and it should appear. It will automatically pin to the side.

Alternatively, the toolbox icon on the left side next to the navigation button's should toggle it.
got it, using now, thanx

got it, using now, thanx
would like to change the font, I can't find that in appearance, is it available?

edit, it's in preferances not appearance...odd, but got it

now does anyone know how to overide the page font to use what I want instead?

I also can't get the font size to stick

Last edited:
To get it to use your font prefs, I think you need to go to:

Preferences > Advanced > Style Options > Presentation Modes.

What Speedy said.

Also, at the bottom right of the page is the view size. For some reason mine was defaulted to 110%. I changed it to 100% and it made everything look correct :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back