Opera 9.5 released

Have literally just this minute installed 9.5. Very smooth :D

To get it to use your font prefs, I think you need to go to:

Preferences > Advanced > Style Options > Presentation Modes.
thanx guys

I still can't get the fonts to enlarge unless I increase view overall

Just tried this on my fresh install of 9.5:

Visited a page containing some text:

Popped into 'Preferences', 'Web Pages', and changed the font to suit:

(I just made both much bigger, rather than changing anything else)

Then went over to the advanced options, and made sure the option to use my fonts and colours was ticked:

and voilla, everything was as I'd just set it.

Just tried this on my fresh install of 9.5:

Visited a page containing some text:

Popped into 'Preferences', 'Web Pages', and changed the font to suit:

(I just made both much bigger, rather than changing anything else)

Then went over to the advanced options, and made sure the option to use my fonts and colours was ticked:

and voilla, everything was as I'd just set it.
thanx speedy, I tried that it doesn't seem to work for me here, could you see if your fonts get bigger on this site?

http://firedoglake.com/

appreciate it

I installed on my work system and this sucker is awesome :D

All the FF fanboys really need to get off their high-horses and give Opera more kudo's. It is so much more polished and faster.
Indeed. :) I made the switch from SeaMonkey on my Windows box while messing around the the 9.5 Beta(s). Just installed the 9.5 Final on my Mac and really thinking I might ditch Camino for it. Also where was this new theme in the Betas? :)

I dunno :D

I kind of like the theme but I went back to a more minimal looking them already :D

Using Dimple over here ;)

Perris try this.

Tools>Preference>Advanced click on fonts and set the minimum size to something larger than what is there. i believe the default is 9px.

oops, just saw your previous post. check out the Magic cookie script in the javascript section. This should let you override the site font, to your specifications.

Perris try this.

Tools>Preference>Advanced click on fonts and set the minimum size to something larger than what is there. i believe the default is 9px.

oops, just saw your previous post. check out the Magic cookie script in the javascript section. This should let you override the site font, to your specifications.
check out the Magic cookie script in the javascript section

I believe I have it sorted but I couldn't find this and would like to find it even though I think I have my issue resolved

I had to click "minimum font size", I forget where I found that but I do believe that did the trick on the site I was having trouble

now I would like to get some color to these favicons, they are washed out blue, any ideas?

also, I remember seeing the "set to default" button but can't find that now and I would like to start from scratch now that I know how to make font size stick

thanx for all the help all

while I am still more comfortable using ie this browser is the first one I used which seems to load new sites clearly faster then my internet explorer so I hope I can get used to it

I am very happy they made the tool bar thingy as small as the other browsers, that was what kept me from experimenting with opera in the past

thanx speedy, I tried that it doesn't seem to work for me here, could you see if your fonts get bigger on this site?

http://firedoglake.com/

appreciate it
Had a quick look, and you're quite right, the preferences I changed above do not affect this page at all, the only way I could get it to work was to uncheck the "Page Style Sheet" check box, which makes the fonts correct, but the layout goes to hell.

As falconguard mentioned, there is a minimum font size option, this seems to have had the desired affect on my machine:

I just set it to 34 for an extreme example:

Edit: Looks like you beat me to it anyway :D

i installed it on my dad's laptop thats a bit aging (hardware-speaking) and seems quite fast

tho i had to switch the adress bar on top of the tabs one the manual way :dead: ... an option or maybe the ability to drag and drop bars would be nice

This thing hasn't changed any. Font colors are still screwed up. It laggs on loading pages, it is just plain a pain in the butt. I'll stick to firefox thank You.

What are you talking about?

Use it for a day and pages are automatically loading much faster. It's the way the browser is designed. Initial load of a website, the first time seems a tad slower but subsequent loads are aeons faster than Firefox.

And I have yet to see any font color issues. What website are you going to where these errors are occuring?

when I click on a link, like to this site for example; it just sits there. when I said fonts, I mean font colors. The css reading is screwy for some reason. There are sites where the fonts are too dark or too light to see them.

right click on a favorite does not give the option to rename a link?

how to do?

Does Opera have a session manager and adblock?
I believe in site preferances there is a site adblocker specific and there's also an adblocker as soon as you hit tools and preferance, I also remember doing a session management thing when I was trying to get a site loaded the way I left it

can't give you the walk through though I am not that familiar with the browser yet

Thanks perris.

I think I'm going to play around with it.

edit:

Heh, this is disgustingly fast :eek:

Last edited:
Further comments:

Holy ****, I think I'm ditching FF... it's just far too smooth in comparison :eek:

Alt + Right for fast forward = brilliant.
Using "g 'keyword here' " as a way to search via the address bar = awesome.
Web Panels = awesome. I've setup Facebook and twitter to open up for quick access.

Question:

1. What are some must have "extensions"? Where can I get Opera "extensions?" (I'd love to get something equivalent to Download Statusbar)

Handy Tips :

1. Disable the built-in bittorrent client (to use a seperate app), do the following:

1. Copy and paste the following into the address bar (the URL bar): opera:config#BitTorrent|Enable
2. Unselect “Enable”
3. Click “Save”

2. Holding down Shift and then clicking or pressing enter (in the address bar) will open up the link or search query in a new tab.

Opera has widgets, not extensions. Most of the items are built-in. This makes the browser more secure and minimizes memory leaks.

The widgets can be floating or called up when you need them.

And yes, there is a session manager.

I'm setting up web panels. For some sites, the favicon fails to show up the default greyscale star placeholder is used instead.

Anyone know how to manually assign favicons to sites that I've setup as web panels?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back