Opera 8 Final

Electronic Punk said:
Not if you go here:
http://www.thetechdig.net/comments.php?catid=1&shownews=63

Although that may not work, so you might want to try this, I don't know the specifics but if you want to add it as part of your forum signature and that gets you a licence (I have no idea) feel free to... this does not open the door for affiliate programs, they will be judged on a case by case basis.

http://my.opera.com/community/gfx/banners/

the techdig serial doesnt work with opera 8 final. I got my free serial and tried it with 8 final and it's a no go. So I'm not going to try Opera for the time being.

I will take a look at the other link you posted though EP

aaaaawww man, that sux. I'm gonna hafta wait also then. :(

Johnny said:
The older ones sucked, they seemed to have wittled out the web view, flash, activex, etc bugs with it in this version. About the only things I see wrong with it is that all the links are blue (Makes it difficult to see them on certian color web sites), and on some password protected sites you have to log in twice ...

Other than that, they improved it ... I seem to like it better than Firefox .. Then I don't really use it enough to decide. So far I like it better than firefox ..

[edit] O.k, I figured how to change the link color. tools/Preferences/web pages/normal link color. Changing that will change the color of links color to what you want. [/edit]

That always pissed me off about Opera, it doesn't respect the web designer's text, color preferences, and you have to set them yourself, not sure why. Also, I don't like the fact that you can't block ads with it. Opera's always been fast for me, but I just don't seem to use it.

Set opera to author mode and it respects every single thing the developer wanted. If it does not its becasue the user configured it wrong without knowing what they were changing.

To block ads you should use nothing other than admuncher from admuncher.com it is not the browsers function to filter html.

Thats not what I'm talking about, go into Tools > Preferences > Fonts. Opera uses its own fonts for h3 tags, pre, etc.

As for AdMuncher, I don't use Windows.

uses the standard windows fonts on mine which is a clean install as of 2 days ago...

Maybe its a linux/unix thing, but it seems to default to non-antialiased fonts which are ugly on both FreeBSD and Linux.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back