Opera 7.20 Final now ready

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
what's new:
Opera 7.20 for Windows introduces the looks and the performance of an exceptional Web browser. Opera's user interface has received a major overhaul with the new start-up dialog, and new default buttons, skin and panels in a blue and white color scheme that can be changed back to classic Opera look or another design. At start-up you can select a single or multiple document interface (SDI/MDI).
Standards-compliance: Opera's new rendering engine supports W3C's DOM (Document Object Model) level 2, non-standard dynamic HTML (DHTML), CSS1 and CSS2, ECMAScript, and has improved HTML 4.01 support, as well as complete support for WML 1.3 and 2.0. It is faster, smaller and can dynamically change documents through DOM.
Built-in e-mail client: Opera's new e-mail client, M2, automatically categorizes and sorts e-mail messages by contact and has an integrated spam filter. Innovative features such as QuickReply and QuickFind let users answer or find e-mails at unrivalled speed. M2 supports POP3, IMAP, ESMTP, and threaded display of mailing lists. In addition, the e-mail client supports news servers with password authentication.
Standards-compliance: Opera continues its commitment to the standards as laid out by the W3C. Opera 7.0 for Windows supports the following technologies: 128-bit encryption, TLS 1.0, SSL 2 and 3, CSS1 and CSS2, XML, HTML 4.01, HTTP 1.1, ECMAScript, JavaScript 1.3, WAP/WML and DOM level 2.

http://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/ftp/mirror/opera/win/720/en/std/ow32enen720.exe

won't use it if I can't shrink that rediculous tool bar either

Definately a problematic browser to create pages for, but with tweaking and persistance it will render things right in the end ;)
I use Opera as my secondary browser, mainly for just checking things like page renders.. seeing if a site is up if my main browser says its not etc :)

Why use Opera when MYIE2 has all the features you need and loads pages properly???

Because MyIE2 is just an internet explorer add-on (and therefore insecure) some people prefer a real browser compared to just an add on.

When it comes down to it, its just a preference. The aim of this thread was to simply announce the release of a new opera build, not to start a flame war comparing browser X to browser Z.

Alright then. Guess this thread could be shorter than expected. I was stoopid enough to go to the Opera community Forum and recommend everyone to go to MYIE2 because Opera couldn't load my web page properly. Ended up having the entire Opera forum flaming me. All against one - no fair :) Thread ended up 5 pages long then it got removed and a warning posted by admin against personal insults :D Website got well over 600 hits just from that one thread :D

Well to be honest that was kind of stupid.
An Opera forum is for the discussion of Opera. A FireBird forum is for the discussion of FireBird. An Internet Explorer Forum is for the discussion of IE. Recommending a "rival" browser is never going to go down well.. people will be a part of the forum because they use and like the Opera browser, whats the point of trying to change their perspective to use an add-on instead?

I know - it would rank up there as one of the craziest most stupid things I've done in Cyberspace. Hey, Moderators, am I allowed to start a war between the two browsers on a separate thread in this forum? :)

no wars... like what you like and leave everyone to that...
No one browser does the job. To say otherwise and you are a slave to some company.

Originally posted by dealer
won't use it if I can't shrink that rediculous tool bar either

My toolbar :) If I want the menu bar back, a quick ctrl+F11 does the job
Mouse gestures for navigation/opening hotlist etc, bookmarks dropdown from the button to the left of the address bar...sorted :D

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
no wars... like what you like and leave everyone to that...
No one browser does the job.

Can't argue with that :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back