Opening Links

Daeron Tinúviel

OSNN Senior Addict
i am using right now MyIE2 the onlyu problem i had is that if someone send me a link thru Messenger 6, when i click it it opens in IE instead f MyIE2, how can i change that so it opens in MyIE2?

MyIE2 is currently my default browser it open any link i open with the exception of those via MSN, any ideas?

I believe that MSN launches IE rather than launching the link via the URL protocol as other apps do, therefore it's not possible. I may be wrong though.

mmmmm i dont think so (maybe i'm wrong) cause i have firebird and if i set firebird as my default browser it opens links in firebird, i have myie2 set as default browser but still msn launch IE

could it because MyIE2 is a derivative of IE? whereas Firebird is its own entity. only thing i can think of.

i found a fix now its workin fine, found it in myie2 forums

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.html]
"PerceivedType"="text"
@="MyIEHTML"
"Content Type"="text/html"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm]
"PerceivedType"="text"
@="MyIEHTML"
"Content Type"="text/html"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MyIEHTML\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\Program Files\\MYIE2\\MyIE.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MyIEHTML\Shell]
@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MyIEHTML\Shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MyIEHTML\Shell\open\command]
@="\"c:\\Program Files\\MYIE2\\MyIE.exe\" \"%1\""

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back