Opening in a new tab in Firefox

vern

Dominus
Political Access
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I want to click on a link on an external program, but I want the link to open in a new tab in an existing Firefox window or if Firefox isn't open, to open Firefox.

I know it's possible with one of the tab-browsing extensions...I just can't recall which one of them it is:

TabBrowser Extensions (TBE)
TabBrowser Preferences
SingleWindow

:S

Okay I know this one is treading on thin ice but, thats one of the most annoying "lack" of feature in firefox. If it implemented true tabbed browsing when claiming to be a tabbed browser I think it would truly be a valid competitor to Opera.

So if all you Firefox fanboys and girls can get that kind of a patch into firefox I might very well use it more often :)

Woo managed to post about firefox without promoting opera...*almost posts url* :p

I think any of those extensions will have that option..

You can also try typing in "about:config" in the address field which will bring up a whole bunch of configuration options.. There might be one built in (look in the browser.tabs.***** sections).. I'm not sure if it's built in or not since I do have the "Tabbrowser extentions" loaded and it adds more options in the about:config view

--fitz

LordOfLA said:
Okay I know this one is treading on thin ice but, thats one of the most annoying "lack" of feature in firefox. If it implemented true tabbed browsing when claiming to be a tabbed browser I think it would truly be a valid competitor to Opera.

So if all you Firefox fanboys and girls can get that kind of a patch into firefox I might very well use it more often :)
As a Firefox user, I completely agree with you. :)
I think Firefox should, by default, have a complete MDI. New windows shouldn't have to open unless they're (allowed) popups. But installing an extension that does it takes just a second or two, so I don't really mind.

I found the extension in Tabbrowser Preferences 0.6.13. I believe there are a couple other extensions that would do the same thing but this one had the most options. This should have been an option within Mozilla though. Thanks guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back