Opening Cyber Cafe Maybe Help!

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Opening Cyber cafe with 10 gaming pcs and 10 work/learning pcs. the basic business plan is this:

10 gaming pcs for lan or net gaming (valve games plus mmorpg etc...)
10 pcs for homework/ email/ web /learning etc...

It will have a partitions sound proof area for the gaming.

A rest area with subject related magazines, drinks snacks etc...

Cable tv throughout with 3-4 lcd screens.

I will also be building custom pcs, repairing upgrading and teaching cumputer and software stuff.

the net connection will be 3mb line could be more but i doubt it.

3 printers
2 scanners
1 photocopier

$50 membership per month of pay as you go type service.

The spec for the gaming pcs as follows

softwarewinxphome$100 Casesred/black$40 CPUAMD 64 3200+$200 MemKingston 3200 1gb$170 H/DWD HD 80gb$80 V/card6800GT$400 DVD/Cdromany$0 mobogigabyte$120 Monitor17" lcd$120 Mouselogitec$50 Keyboardms$30 Total$1,310
this is built by me. non-brand pc

The intial outlay will be about $20,000 yearly net (after taxes etc..) $75,000-$150,000.

Anyone have any good ideas about this, what they think of it etc... plus has anyone ever done this before and have any good ideas about how i should proceed.

Thanks

Wow - Sounds like an interesting dive :) Shame you're not in the UK anymore. Good luck with stuff (sounds like you've planned stuff well)

may seem daft, but when you get the valve cyber cafe licence, they *should* send you loads of cool posters :)

17" LCD $120 ??

Pr0n filter = Sonicwall firewall

sorry lcd was $200 from tigerdirect.com

and yes i do get posters and stuff, hope this works out let you know, any other suggestions be good?!

Make sure it's Starbucks coffee your selling. And the bottled frapacino's are a gold mine for hot weather.

I would recommend you set aside a couple empty boots for people to bring in their own PCs. It was a BIG hit at a cafe I used to go to. It also gave everyone a chance to show off their PCs. Then, you could go a step further and offer visual upgrades and make a little bit more profit. Just a thought! Good luck!

Un4gIvEn1 said:
I would recommend you set aside a couple empty boots for people to bring in their own PCs. It was a BIG hit at a cafe I used to go to. It also gave everyone a chance to show off their PCs.

That's a good idea

Here's a link to thier site if you wanna see what they are all about... many of these places have come and gone, this is one of the few that continues to keep going.

http://www.netheads.com/

Steevo said:
17" LCD $120 ??

Pr0n filter = Sonicwall firewall

Charge $100 for a private booth with free tissues, with a waterproof everything.

After each use, have it automatically sprayed clean, and flushed with water, and it is ready for the next person to use :p.

Come on man, gotta think about the profit :p

X-Istence said:
Charge $100 for a private booth with free tissues, with a waterproof everything.

After each use, have it automatically sprayed clean, and flushed with water, and it is ready for the next person to use :p.

Come on man, gotta think about the profit :p

Get a condom for the mousie?

you guys are filthy bastards hehe, but maybe just maybe...... :)

Un4gIvEn1, thats a good idea thanks, i'll look into doing that. My idea is to have a string of them pretty quickly, perhaps two in the first yr and 5 the next etc....

i never thought of linking consoles together in a lan, don't have one so don't know too much about it.

Halo 2 multiplayer action... or burnout 3 :D (which would be awesome in multiplayer mode :D)

I'm with EP ... maybe a few console booths?

Its going to intially be located in either Venice or Sarasota Florida. I need to do some marketing to see where the strongest concentration of customers is first.

Anyone know if they can get this spec cheaper or think of better setup?

WinXP Home$100
Basic red case $40
CPUAMD 64 3200+ $200
Kingston 3200 1gb $170
Western Digital 80gb $80
Giga-byte nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3$460
Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939 $120
Monitor17" CRT (sony, samsung or mitsubishi) $150
Mouselogitec m500 $50
Keyboard ms$30
Total$1,400

I don't have any particularly good ideas to give you...but wow, it sounds like a great (and fun) business venture! Maybe you could pop into a few other cyber cafes to get an idea on what the 'competition' provide?

Best of luck to you though, sounds pretty cool :)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back