Opening Cyber Cafe Maybe Help!

$90 Logitech 5.1 surround speakers

I love mine, my neighbours hate them. :D :evil:

I would love a descent Cyber Cafe around here. Only one that I have seen was a cheese one in the mall that didn't last to long. :eek:

lancer said:
Its going to intially be located in either Venice or Sarasota Florida. I need to do some marketing to see where the strongest concentration of customers is first.

Anyone know if they can get this spec cheaper or think of better setup?

WinXP Home$100
Basic red case $40
CPUAMD 64 3200+ $200
Kingston 3200 1gb $170
Western Digital 80gb $80
Giga-byte nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3$460
Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939 $120
Monitor17" CRT (sony, samsung or mitsubishi) $150
Mouselogitec m500 $50
Keyboard ms$30
Total$1,400

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=37-102-151&depa=0
you save 8 bucks on XP Home, its not much for one but you save when you buy many of them, and you get a free newegg hat when you buy a copy of it :). I got one myself, its a sweet hat

hey zeke you're a life saver, $8 whole bucks AND a free hat; can it get any better i ask myself? ohhh sir i think not!

hehe thanks anyway :)

lancer, I'm planning on opening a cafe as well,do you have a bussiness plan?

but do internet cafes work in the states? since everyone can have internet for cheap and stuff i didnt think it would work there, like ok in new york yeah it would probably work, but like if ur in lil secludid area or somthign

in new york (or any big city) it would work b/c there's lots of travelors there. but in places were ppl are settled and not moving so much i don't think an internet cafe would work out

prodj88 said:
in new york (or any big city) it would work b/c there's lots of travelors there. but in places were ppl are settled and not moving so much i don't think an internet cafe would work out
Probably depends on what you offer and how you market it. When I think of a Cyber Cafe for the most part I think of a place you go and game against people (almost like a LAN party but shorter and costs less).

hey perris go to this link:

http://www.bplans.com/spv/3142/index.cfm?affiliate=myownbusin

thats a great help, it details just how a real net cafe wrote their plan, cant give you mine due to, well privacy reasons to be honest, but the above plan is what i used as a basis. minus the spastic coffee part, where the cafe seems to be more about poncy fools then the net, its also 6 yrs old but still relevant, hope it helps.

What Perris said - shame you will not share Lancer - whilst i understand I do decalre that at these early stages in business you two would do better to treat each other as potential partners than potential competition!

What Perris said is absolute key - are you getting finance? Are you putting in capital? It is all very well to dream like this, but you gotta have a hard nosed cashflow plan also - you have not even mentioned wi-fi in your plan - and you need to not exclude business and "technophobic" users - if you make this a cliquey gaming and geeky cafe then IT WILL FAIL (sorry to be blunt). Fact is you need your market to ba as broad as possible - esp. since there will be different people at different times of day.

Also RE Starbucks - forget that s**t they are their own franchise - you will need to do your own, but if you plan to make a go of the refreshment side you'll probably need a partner that knows what they are doing there (and remember there will be hygene and safety regs that apply there).

Good Luck - from the impression I have you are going to need a dump truck of it!

I am on the fence here.

As what you have against you are alot of the same things that work for you. I did do some research on game spots in Ft. Collins and Denver.

Xbox Live
Online PC games
The net

These are all things that work against you too, with high speed internet becoming more available all the time it becomes easier to do the same thing at home.
There is a market, but the hardest part from what I have read is getting people into the place repeatedly. But you probably already know that ;)

http://www.academygaming.com/
http://www.maximumgamer.com/

http://www.atzonegaming.com/links.html

Ok Lancer - well then this will be my last post on the thread - I was only trying to help you, actually. You'll find that in business keeping your temper will serve you well too.

If you found my post offended you then you should try reading your own! That is about the worst I have had on OSNN, ever, period.

As for Starbucks - read the thread (or search it) you'll find someone else alluded to serving their coffee as an idea - so that remark was directed to them and not even you.

Steevo has given you some good advice which I think ties in with what I was trying to get you to hear - if you do not listen you will never learn.

I probably should not tell you this - but I feel a tad sorry for you.

Last post, unsubscribing from thread - you'll not find me back here.

Oh and PS - I am teetotal, so you got that wrong!

And steevo you are correct, regarding repeated customers, thats why i'm coupling the place with other ideas, computer workshop for one. and a starbucks franchise as well :)

Regards to mainframeguy's posts he isn't crazy, i just deleted my communique to him as i didn't want it ruining this forum or thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back