Opening a program

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
and then I shut down the program the program is still running under "Process" Tab of Win Task Mgr but not Application.

for Outlook, that's normal. if you close it while it's writing to your PST file, it will stay open to finish what it was doing. it will close eventually.

i've never heard of Kali, so i can't explain that one.

well, I hate to say it, but it could POSSIBLY be some kind of virus, they're often disguised to look like something that's relatively standard in any windows tskmngr...try going here : http://www.answersthatwork.com/ they have a pretty good "task list", and it sometimes has an explanation what more than one instance of a proccess can be. dunno if this'll help, but good luck.

Hmmm..
Thx Apparition

So Far its only a few programes Kali and Outlook. I don't know if some of those svchost are dual instances.

np, just a stab in the dark really. hope you get it worked out. also hope I'm wrong about the poss. of it being a virus. anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about svchost, it's actually a host proccess for applications that run from dll's, so it's pretty normal to have more than one of them. what I mean you should look for is something like this..(very generic example)

outlook.exe - spelled right
0utl00k.exe - spelled with zeros

at a glance you may not think anything of it, but subtle differences in files names are a common trick by the creators of viri to keep them hidden.

good luck.

Nope they are all the same "Outlook" . I can close them all them down, but once I open "Outlook" back up with my task manager open all 3 of them show up in tm.

If you end the process, does it reappear or appear to do nothing? If so, it may be running a service.

Start->Run-> 'services.msc' (no quotes) and hit Enter. Eyeball the services, and google any suspicious looking ones. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back