OpenGL issues with XP

K

Kasanagi

I've searched forum upon forum for an answer to my problem, and it spans more than one system. Specifically, it involves Counter-Strike, OpenGL mode, Geforce cards (GF2 and GF3), Athlon T-bird processors, and XP (Mine is upgrade from 98, the other is fresh install). Driver versions tested for a solution are 23.11, 23.12, 21.83.

Ok, here's how it happens, I run counterstrike, and I can get into a game and play perfectly, but when I exit the program after playing, the video locks up and within seconds all of windows follows suit, the only hints as to the cause being a loud beep from the case and occasionally XP detects the faulty restart and blames the Nvidia card. I figure it has to do with the video anyways, given Direct3D doesn't do this (Though in D3D mode in CS Frame rates SUCK and weird problems with main menu, including not being able to actually SEE it). When I quit CS, and the screen freezes, it looks like the resolution change sticks or something.

If I've left out anything, please check this link for my first (and ongoing) post about this problem. I'm desperate for a solution, if any of you have had this problem, help!

http://www.amdmb.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104094

Do the compatibility thingy...

Change the compatibility of the exe to win98/me

(right click on file, properties, compatibility, win98/me..., apply, ok)

Load of folk get this and seem to find that this solves the problem.

Fixed mine anyway!! :D

I think you just need to run the game at the same resolution as your desktop

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back