Opened the Valve, NO Steam!

Ezergeezer

OSNN Addict
Anyone know whats happening with the Steam update!
I downloaded the beta a few weeks ago, worked fine, now I start
Steam it kicks straight into an update where it freezes ?

No information on the website either, you would have thought
there would be some kind of acknowledgement.

www.steampowered.com

The beta is no more. The full version has taken its place. Theres several different varieties of the full version as well. A huge 700+ MB one that contains all the mod files, and individual mod versions of steam as well with a smaller size. The CS 1.6 Installer seems to be the one most people are grabbing right now. Its 380MB and you can find it here: http://www.halflife2files.com/file.info?ID=18828

You need to start afresh unfortunatly... install Half-life and it's mod first tho and it will convert them for you... or as much as it can.

But, unfortuantly it is down for work at the moment.

is it true that you just need to download "steam" and then enter in a CS CD Key, and it will download Counter Strike and you can play it like that? Do you need the cds or anything? Sorry to ask a question in your post, but it just seems convinient.

well the best thing to do is install half-life/cs retail first before installing steam.

Then once you create a new account it will convert identical files (1.5 -> 1.6) in both CS and HL and any of the supported mods into the new cache system, then giving you the option to uninstall HL.

I only have a Steam directory now, and have fully cached files for everything that is currently available on there :)

ok i am a total noob but what is steam??? i know it has to so something with the counter strike and other valve software but what is it????

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back