Open water Diving

Kush

High On Life!
Yay im in sharm el sheik and i took some diving courses with my cuzin and we just finished it and gotten the open water diving liesence from padi!:D

Nice one mate, My dad has the Padi Divemaster the highest position availible instead of becoming an instructor :)

Hehe

Adam:D

Nice one

Congrats,there is nothing like the feeling of freedom you get from being zero bouyant,and just chilling with the fishes.The best diving I ever did was when I was working in Saudi Arabi,we had to carry out some bottom surveys on some pretty remote locations because of pollution caused by oil production.The marine life is amazing,and the coral formations are really crazy.I was working as a diver for Aramco,living on a dive boat for three months at a time.Those were the days,sighs wistfuly.Stay with the diving you will never look back.
FOSSY69

Cool

cool i go to aramco on the weekends, so im very familiar with it. i know the vp's sons of aramco its cool there, but i didnt know aramco hires divers! (did they pay alot?):D

Diving

If you go to the Aramco compound you have seen little America,if I remember rightly the accomadation compound was U.S.A,they even had a PX.Aramco only hire diving inspectors directly,back when I worked out there they only had 2 inspectors.I was working for a company called Algosaibi diving,based down at west pier (raheima)please excuse my spelling as I know how to say it,not spell it.Aramco have always contracted their diving work out.Most of Algosaibi's divers are either British or American,if you were ever interested in taking up comercial diving in the Gulf go down to West pier and talk to the guys in the Algosaibi offices there.You will need an Aramco pass to get down to West pier,as I remember there are about 4 or 5 check points between the main road and West pier.I would recommend working out there as a diver to anyone,a good,good life.I spent nearly 2 years 3 months on/2 months off,I loved it.Where are you based?It brings back some happy memories talking to you.Will catch ya later bud,take care and be lucky.
FOSSY69

Re: Diving

Originally posted by FOSSY69
If you go to the Aramco compound you have seen little America,if I remember rightly the accomadation compound was U.S.A,they even had a PX.Aramco only hire diving inspectors directly,back when I worked out there they only had 2 inspectors.I was working for a company called Algosaibi diving,based down at west pier (raheima)please excuse my spelling as I know how to say it,not spell it.Aramco have always contracted their diving work out.Most of Algosaibi's divers are either British or American,if you were ever interested in taking up comercial diving in the Gulf go down to West pier and talk to the guys in the Algosaibi offices there.You will need an Aramco pass to get down to West pier,as I remember there are about 4 or 5 check points between the main road and West pier.I would recommend working out there as a diver to anyone,a good,good life.I spent nearly 2 years 3 months on/2 months off,I loved it.Where are you based?It brings back some happy memories talking to you.Will catch ya later bud,take care and be lucky.
FOSSY69
well i have connections to the gosabi family through family and friends. the family is a realy powerful family in saudi arabia, but i am only 15 years old!:p

Hi again

Hi again,with the internet being a faceless medium we tend to forget age/creed/colour.At fifteen years old you are probably a long way off from thinking about a carrer in anything,but as you grow older it be worth thinking about a career in the offshore diving industry,if you still enjoy diving when you are older.I was fortunate to work offshore as a diver in quite a few countries around the globe,the money is good,the travel is limitless,and I met some real characters.Plus I have a million stories to bore the pants off anyone who will listen.Even if you don't dive as a profession try to go to as many dive locations as you can,there is always something new to see,and you find that divers in general are a friendly bunch of people,and you have always got something in common with them.Catch ya later bud.
FOSSY69

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back