open ports

M

Mac1

hi all
you have probably been asked this before

I did a scan at Symantec and it said the below ports are open, everthing else is at stealth, I am using norton personal firewall/anti-virus 2003 and have been trying to find out how to close these ports but can't find a webpage that explains how to in easy steps, like go here and do this, instead they seem to go into gobbleygook if thats how you spell it.

below are the ports that are open, can anybody explain how to close them in easy steps if possible.

i find it funny that norton firewall did not close these ports, but saying that it might be my fault, my computers are networked together.
or do i realy have to worry!
thanks
mac

ICMP Ping Ping. Ping is a network troubleshooting utility. It asks your computer to acknowledge its existence. If your computer responds positively to a ping, hackers are more likely to target your computer.

23 Telnet. Telnet can be used to log into your computer from a terminal anywhere in the world. This port should be open only if you're running a Telnet server.

80 HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol). HTTP is used to transfer Web pages over the Internet. Port 80 should be open only if you're running a Web server.

Thanks Enyo
I think you were right saying it was scanning the proxy and not my computer,
did as you sugested and did all the tests and got the results below, which is ok i hope.
what is ICPM anyway
also killed the messenger on my Win 2000 computer which was giving me a bit of bother.
Thanks again
Mac
ALL PORTS tested were found to be: STEALTH.
TruStealth: PASSED - ALL tested ports were STEALTH,
- NO unsolicited packets were received,
- NO Ping reply (ICMP Echo) was received

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back