open gl

haha... aw man, i shoulda asked first. :p

homer... download and try this (ati catalyst 3.4 driver) and if those don't work, try this (nvidia detonator 44.03 driver).

Speaking of OpenGL... the Radeon has shocking OpenGL performance.... Can you help me eck out a bit more OpenGL performance for half-life Saz???

shocking = bad.. right?
lol @ your 9700pro having trouble with halflife.

i used a laptop with a radeon 7500 and it was pretty poor at opengl in general. i used direct3d whenever possible. i think nvidia's just better at opengl..?

Yep shocking = bad taurus. Didn't realise that was australian slang though, lol :p
mbunny, my gf4 mx ownz your 9700 pro ;) :D

/me whips out 3DMark2003

Who owns who now!!! muahahah *hack cough hack*

Yeah... nVidia have good OpenGL... and ATi for some annoying reason doesn't...

i'd run half-life in DirectX mode but i wanna see all the decals :/

I know im an idiot when it comes to computers. Go ahead quote me ;) im an idiot. Well if any one can help me i will really appreciate it

Originally posted by mbunny
/me whips out 3DMark2003

Who owns who now!!! muahahah *hack cough hack*

Yeah... nVidia have good OpenGL... and ATi for some annoying reason doesn't...

i'd run half-life in DirectX mode but i wanna see all the decals :/

openGL uses proprietary extensions...

it is not ati's fault that nvidia spends more money getting devs to code for their specific extensions :)

on the other hand... nviida does appear to have better openGL performance... whereas ati has better directx performance...

read that as ati performs better with standards whereas nvidia does better when things are coded for its architecture...

btw.. what problems are you having in HL ?

you should be able to play the game maxed out @ 1600x1200 with 100fps EVERY scene...

Have you ever played Natural Selection?

Players can create entities in the game. My frames just continue to drop and drop and drop :/

Cna any one just tell me specificaly what i have to do to get open gl? my video card is an intel 883...(forgot rest becaus eim not on that comp now).

ok i have the chipset thing and what driver i have. now where doo io go download the drivers or open gl driver.

well, what chipset did it say you have? we can't tell you where to get it if we don't know what you're using.

wow, thx allot for your help. But i downloaded the drviers to my desktop but how do i install them. and would this fix my open gl problem?

nvm i got it to work! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D thx alot guys! for all your help!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back