Ooh! New Section!

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
This should really be useful for some people. ( ME! ) Me myself I'v been trying to figure out how to overclock my AMD 1900 XP without melting it first :)

I am too scared to overclock mine :D
Wouldn't mind it a little faster, but it looks too complicated to do, perhaps this section will help me to change my mind.

I know of a program, called Easy Tune, I'm sure it works with Gigabyte boards, because, the proggie was made by Gigabyte. Not sure if it can work with other mobo's, but this is basically a CPU overclocking tool for begginers, but, it has advanced options.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Elitegroup K7S5A here with an AthlonXP 1700+

EP - I have 2 of those boards and you need a hacked bios to change the FSB speed. The only other way to overclock is to unlock your XP and that's not the easiest thing to do ...trust me :p

There was a rumor that ECS was going to make a bios that will change the FSB but I don't think they have released any yet.

Really!?

I have it set to 133 x 133 in the bios but the FSB always seems to run at 66... I thought you had to mess on with teh cpu casing to overclock it...

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Really!?

I have it set to 133 x 133 in the bios but the FSB always seems to run at 66... I thought you had to mess on with teh cpu casing to overclock it...

Are you sure it runs at 66? If so your only using 1/2 of your processor power....which means a 700 or so mhz processor?

The speed of a processor is the FSBxCPU Mulitplier. Which in your case should be 133x11, the FSB can be changed in the bios of most computers(Except the K7S5A and some others) and the multiplier can only be changed by "Unlocking" the cpu, which means modding the cpu. Look around the net for complete instructions on how to do that.

EP on your MB you can change the FSB but only to 66 or 100 or 133, nothing higher, which is needed to overclock the FSB.

Well I have it at 133 x 133 which I can tell as it detects my CPU correctly during POST

But 3Dmark tells me it is running at 66 :(
I need some DDR-RAM anyway :p

Ahh yes I remember some others saying that 3DMark detects it as 66. Which it isn't....I was wonder what you meant there lol. :D

yeah, I will just have to save those pennies for some ddr ram :)

you can overclock a k7s5a. Ive built two machines with those boards and got a 1.2 duron up to 1.4 gig with it. Theres a beta bios floating around i think its be cheeba but im not sure.. Use ddr and good cooling and youll be very happy with what the board can do. This may sound stupid... but ecs makes an agp video card based on the crappy sis 305 chip.. but when you plug both of them together it doubles the speed you boot. So if your not really into graphics but wanna go fast... might wanna check it out

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back