Online PC Repair

W

wyse_tech2000

Hello Friends:
I recently purchased a one week subscription to a PC repair service ,you know the ones that scan your operating system online for problems.
After it scans and finds multiple problems you purchase the online repair.
Seems to me that after it found multiple problems it only took a matter of seconds to repair all 12 file problems. Of course I found no difference in my Computer after the repair.
Anyone else try this service or is it a another internet RIP off?

P4 1.7ghtz
512Megs Rambus
Intel Chipset
G-force2 MX
Soundblaster Live 5.1
Win.XP Pro
LG Cd Rom And Writer
TTX17 in. Monitor
Altec-Lansing Speakers
Maxtor 40GIG

PC PitStop is a free service, not sure if it's the same thing since you didn't post a link

Thanx for the quick reply.
Ya know I felt so ripped off that I uninstalled the service and wiped it out of the registry and can't remember the exact name.

It's like PC Doctor.

I'm sure they will send me more spam.

I prefer stuff like that to be done by a program on MY computer. That way I'm not streaming all my computer data over the internet. Besides, you could probably find some freeware utility programs that could do pretty much the same thing.

I don't know anyone that hasn't found out (the expensive way) that these forums usually provide just about anything a user needs....for free. Been there, done that!

I don't like the idea of any program "fixing" my computer. If I didn't know how to do it myself I would probably just take it to someone to make sure it was done right.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back