Online ID Theft Ring Uncovered

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Sunbelt on Monday advised computer users to ensure that they are running an outbound firewall to prevent themselves from becoming victims of a massive identity theft ring that is gathering personal information from "thousands of machines" according to the company's research.
The FBI is also stepping in, and is currently looking through data sent to it by Sunbelt

http://www.betanews.com/article/Online_ID_Theft_Ring_Uncovered/1123607674

IMO, this case is rather more unfortunate, than someone being a "sucker"

with the media attention, and the plethora of information on the net ... if you are still gettings slammed, and scammed by spyware now ...

YOU ARE A SUCKER.

my friend was at home and got mail stating sorry he has been rejected for a credit card he applied for. He never applied for anything. Turns out someone stole his identiy and tried to get a credit card under his name. This kid is in the dark when it comes to computers. He doesnt even own a computer so he didnt do anything to be considered a "sucker". This truely is "unfortunate" as KCNYCHIEF states.

And just because someone is illerate to computers doesn't make them a sucker. You may know EVERYTHING about computers, and a brain surgeon knows EVERYTHING about brains and nothing about computers. Not everyone is extremely smart with computers. And someone who is extremely smart in computers surely has their grey areas. You can be scammed just as easy with car repair as computers. Does that make someone a sucker because they dont understand something and they get scammed?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back