One really weird problem!!!

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Ok this is a weird one.

The my documents folder is no longer showing in my computer??

you know you open my computer and we see the shared documents folder then the user folder in my case would be kermits documents. It's on my desktop, its in the start menu, I can use it no problems, just it has dissapeared from the my computer explorer window. So how do I get it back, I did a reinstall ( repair ) and nope not back, its not like it really matters because I still use it but I have tried to find any info I can about it and have yet to solve the riddle.

Anyone wanna take a shot at getting it back ????

I throw down the gauntlet to all and issue a challenge !!!!!!!!!

:)

find if u have this key... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee} ;)

Originally posted by Bretenn
find if u have this key... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee} ;)

yes I have it but it has no data

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{E211B736-43FD-11D1-9EFB-0000F8757FCD}

This is the only other one and its data is scanners and camera's

find if u have this key... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee} :)

Or if you have My Documents unchecked in the Customize Desktop section of the Display properties

Originally posted by ViperSnake
Or if you have My Documents unchecked in the Customize Desktop section of the Display properties

No this setting is not unchecked thanks :)

Originally posted by Bretenn

Its binary data is 0000 00 00 ..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}

I wonder if someone could export this key for me please , I will try and see if I can get a better idea about the binary values and data strings thanks :)

actualli this key dun have any value...
mayb u use any tweak program?

This is how it happened I added a second HD, made partitions , then used Nortons Ghost cloned my c drive to the new partion , changed the drive letters around until I had them lined up right , so all my icons and short cuts were proper. but somewhere in all that my documents folder vanished. And when I rebooted my documents would keep opening on desktop , so I found the reg key to stop that from happening and no my documents does not open on reboot , the only side effect after the whole operation was the fact that it is no longer in my computer explorer page LOLOL , I know there is a tweak program to add things to that page like show control panel in my computer , If I could get my hands on that .regfile maybe I could dr it into a show my documents folder in my computer LOLOL

:)

If I dont find a way I will format sooner or later now that I have my second wd 40 gig 8 mb cache I might as well go raid , I can move my stuff to the maxtors and start over anyways.

try this

start>run>regedit>hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/windows/current version/explorer/docfolderpaths
click the docfolderpaths folder and you should see all the user's folders.

Add a new string value and put the value name as your username and the value data should be the path to ur documents folder (for example c:\documents and settings\ur docs)

quit regedit and try open my computer, see if it is back or not!

hope this can help lo ;)

If I dont find a way I will format sooner or later now that I have my second wd 40 gig 8 mb cache I might as well go raid , I can move my stuff to the maxtors and start over anyways.

i'm running raid 0 now but the performance is very bad... so dont expect too much from the raid as it is embedded inside the board.... ;) my 0.02

I think your on to something here good work dude , I am looking at it and the docfolderpaths is just default no data and no user names. Ok so I will try this now I have it set as Value = Kermit

data C:\Documents and Settings\Kermit

lets see huh

Ok so I wont use that lolol I will use a modded bios for the ide3 and ide4 to use cdrom's and what not and wait to get some SATA drives then .

be back with the new thanks bro ^5 :)

Yayayaya you win my friend great work

Perfect when I rebooted and opened my computer it stalled for a split second screen went blank , my heart stopped LOLOL and it came back and is exactly as it was before .

Thank you very much Bretenn you da man !!!!!!!!!!! :D

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
GREMLINS! :p

Looking at your post counts I am sure there is at least 200 points for gremlins alone LOLOL :p

Ok so I wont use that lolol I will use a modded bios for the ide3 and ide4 to use cdrom's and what not and wait to get some SATA drives then .

be back with the new thanks bro ^5 :)

modded bios? can u send me the link? :)

Here is the bios that you use to make ide3 and ide 4 able to use cdroms

f11? hmm i have problem with the bios update. bsod with f7,f8,f9,f10 and the the cpu fan control problem with the f11. do it have f6 1?

Whoa I have no problems with this bios .. The guy who modded it is preacher on amdmb.com forums maybe you could pm him and ask if he can help

that's cool... i will try pm him.
finally there is possibility to put all those removable drive to the slowly RAID. great! thanks kermit

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back