one letter difference (True story, so maybe not so funny???)

Jozhik

OSNN Addict
I am frequently confronted with mis-spellings of my last name, Krijthe. I see it as Krythe, Krijte, Kryte, it makes you wonder how they misread the name in my e-mail address.

Anyways, one time I again got a letter sent to W.W. Krijte and complained about it to a friend. She responded by saying: "Don't make such a fuss, it's only one letter!"

I said "Well, one letter can make a world of a difference. Take for instance the word hunt, you change only one letter...", she interrupted me saying "ok, ok, never mind"

I finished "...and you have runt, and that's a totally different thing"

...for some reason she expected a different word... I wonder why :p ;)

Actually, Krythe is an existing name, and I kind a wonder if it's a distant side of the family... or maybe not so distant???

depends how far away they are. the other side of the world would be pretty distant if you ask me :p

LordOfLA said:
depends how far away they are. the other side of the world would be pretty distant if you ask me :p
not at all - one branch of my family has lived in Indonesia for generations :p America is closer than that ;) Thing is, with migration to North America going on for centuries, the link might be way back...

"One letter difference" true story:
I was graphic designer for a billboard company and had to do a sign for a racquetball club. They offered "Public Play" and somehow we left the "L" out of "Public". Luckily we caught the typo before it actually got posted in "Public"...

Good one, and lucky you did see the error before publication... I know a university where they actually had an error like that on the frontpage of a book they used... it said manger instead of manager... can't imagine how they failed to see that...:laugh::laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back