One last question

C

Caligo

Ok, one last question. If I upgrade my motherboard, processor, adn RAM will I have to go through any hassles with XP product activation? I don't plan on reformatting and reinstalling. Thanks.

~GC

My guess is yep. And I'm going to make a prediction: "You will have endless problems until you do a clean installation."

A motherboard swap is THE largest upgrade you could do. Go into device manager and see how many drivers are dedicated just to it - you'll get to mess around getting all those right again - good luck!

C

Caligo

ok, fine. I would have probably ended up doing the reinstall anyway. They aren't going to make me buy another license for XP Pro are they?

~GC

No, but you may need to call the Microsoft support line to get a new activation code. My bet is that is what you'll have to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut