Once Upon a Time in Mexico

Sazar

Rest In Peace
just watched this flick and for the action junkies and fans of antonio banderas/johny depp... a good movie...

its been a while since I watched an all out action type flick and enjoyed it this much :)

mr rodriguez' trilogy ends with a definite bang here... the first film.. el mariachi was a decidedly low budget affair but it set up the character of El Mariachi nicely... little background information about his injured hand and his hatred of his brother and so on/so forth...

Desperado showed his anger emerge and his dislike of drug lords (and his brother who was partially responsible for the death of his wife)

this movie again takes off from the end of the last flick... which had banderas and hayek riding off into the sunset... and it is a good affair... johny depp is good in this flick but it is antonio banderas that I felt was the best character... he is displayed in a different light compared to the first 2 flicks (ok so banderas was not in the first flick... his character was :D carlos gallardo did a GREAT job in the first part of the trilogy )

there is some over-the-top stuff but its all in keeping with the first 2 flicks and Robert Rodriguez' style :)

I am a little disappointed with some of the editing... could have been more classy... but whatever... the movie was a joy :)

the chicks are basically bystanders in this flick... a few nice scenes but the show belongs to the guys in black...

once again banderas has a couple of mariachi friends to help him out... and once again there is no mention of how they got there... what their significance is and all that... :)

my rating...

for the pure adrenaline and humor factor... I will give it 4/5 ntfs stars...

recommended :)

lol, "ntfs stars". Sounds like a good movie, I might check it out.

Originally posted by o_87
lol, "ntfs stars". Sounds like a good movie, I might check it out.

where have you been the past coupla months :)

a few guys and myself have been rating everything using ntfs stars :cool:

thought it was only proper considering our current online location :)

:eek: Well, I haven't been coming to the Entertainment forum.

Sounds good, i was going to watch it anyway, but now.....well nothing changed really :)

Me gonna go this weekend... Have first two on DVD always fun to watch when in the mood for some serious action gun play. :D

first two?

ha, I thought the one with banderros was the first one...I guess not

Saw it on Saturday... I must say just the opening scenes get ya rite into it. :D

It is very intense in some ways... Johnny Depp is a wacko :p

All in all it does keep you in your seat to the end.

I think... if you're Hispanic (especially Mejicano... that's Mexican for you cracker jacks :p), you may get a more interesting view (think of it differently) with the coupe/revolt fighting scenes. Buuuuut, don't try to read into the story line tooooooo much.

Entertainment is the flavor of the day with this movie. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back