Once again port scans because of ads here

lynchknot

OSNN Senior Addict
I am to the point of leaving here for good (not that anyone cares anyway)
If I block this once then I don't get scanned and my firewall won't block all connections necessitating creating new rules over again just to enable my browser to work again. If I block this permanently then I get port scanned and firewall blocks all access to all sites

This pops up repeatedly if I only block once:
blockonce6fh.jpg

Here's what happens when I block permanently:

block20fu.jpg

I don't mind clicking googleads once in a while but I don't want to have to allow this - and also if I don't allow burstnet then browsing this board is unbearably slow -also, I'm getting a lot of bad cookies (according to spybot) from what seems this site's ads.

lynchknot said:

hurumph.

lynchknot said:
Trust me, we do care. I am sure this will be looked into and figured out.

Sorry i'm just frustrated because of the many times this occurs and i've reported here each time - well almost every time.

When I reload this page protowall blocks this (but not every time it's an intermittent occurance - sneaky bastards!
Packet to "GainCME-Gator/Claria Corp[Spy]" ( 66.35.229.145 ) blocked. [protocol: TCP - src: 2104 / dst: 80]

I get the same, dont feel that you're the only one....i have outpost also, the ad-blocker goes into overtime..blocks a lot of crap...esp "burstnet"

scans are a bit much

hmm, I don't have adblock in outpost enabled - maybe that will help.

edit - here's another one that adblock is missing. It took a whole minute plus just to post this

Packet to "ads" ( 65.164.242.200 ) blocked. [protocol: TCP - src: 3079 / dst: 80]

i get the same also at times,,,but outpost blocks it,

It changes or rotates. now it's
Packet to "c.casalemedia.com" ( 69.93.202.164 ) blocked. [protocol: TCP - src: 1334 / dst: 80]

edit - hehe wow:
Packet to "Gator.com LVL3-GATOR[Spy]" ( 64.152.73.145 ) blocked. [protocol: TCP - src: 2934 / dst: 80]

I use outpost and its never, ever come up with any portscan problems from this site. I block some ads, not all, so maybe thats the problem? could try turning it on.

Also your the only one to report this problem, which is probably why it remains an issue. Has anyone else been ports canned alot from the ads? speak now people!

Problem is Khayman, the adverts here in the UK are not the same as the ones Lynchknot gets (unless he is in the uk :s) - which not only means that I can't replicate and therefore easily fix the problem, but I can't know when it is fixed.

If you do block the ads on the frontpage is it slow?
I ask because on the frontpage all adverts load in an iframe, on the forums (for reasons I can't remember, they don't and are coded in directly.

Give it a try and let me know. As for the bad cookies, they are purely marked as "bad" by spyware scanners as they are cookies from advertisers, they do not have any adverse effects.

It seems to be limited to this ad url. If I block once then it repeatedly pops up. If I use Outposts "close rule" (permanent) then I get the port scan. I have not seen it pop up today yet. I ran IP and it seem like it's "adknowledge"

216.21.215.29 PTR record: adk215-29.adknowledge.com. [TTL 3600s] [A=None] *ERROR* A record does not point back to original IP.

blockonce6fh.jpg

I would like a log of these port scans. That printscreen shot you are showing there is showing that Firefox wants to make an outgoing connection to port 8000, which could be perfectly normal, if the remote server has a server running on that port.

I block ads ALL the time, but get no port scans at all, no problems at all. I even block the adknowledge ones.

You should use the adblock extension for firefox, these are my filters http://www.j79zlr.com/howto.php?id=15 It doesn't block google ads, specifically because they don't annoy me, and it should block just about everything else, without blocking legit pics.

I've noticed similar 'quirks' as well with the ads.
(as a side note, I find it a little ironic that a 'help' site displays ads to software that's loaded with spyware...good thing people here know how to help someone clean a system :p )

j79zlr - that seems to have solved the problem with slow loading - thanks. Blocking through firewall or IP blocker somehow slowed the process to a crawl.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back