Onboard sound or Older x-fi card?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Have recently found some new windows 7 x64 drivers for an old sound blaster x-fi elite pro card I used to use under XP.

It says that it has re-enabled DTS and AC3 decoding so I thought I would give them a go, only thing is I don't have a digital cable with the 3.5mm jack on it so if i wanted to go pure digital i would need to use the asio box that came with it. (there is a a digi I/O on the card just isnt one on my speakers, only co-ax, TOS or the 3 3.5mm jacks)

Where as with the on-board card which is an HD audio card (don't ask me which i have googled for hours and not found it) the Asus site doesn't tell me what it is, but it has digital outs on it, both co-ax and TOS.

Question is if you had the choice which would you use?

X-Fi. The drivers will decode the DTS/AC3 data though they are only doing what FFDshow is doing for you any way in the same place as ffdshow - the cpu. You should still use the analogue outputs.

ffdshow doesn't decode the dts and ac3 atm the speaker system does, i have it piped out as the logitech system can decode it, but yes i think i will go with x-fi card

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back